The TRUTH About Mystic Chrome Paint

SmokinCobra420

Kush is good MmmKay!
Established Member
a can of mystichrome paint will be 24.95, their VERY good clearcoat is 12.25 and you can use any primer really.

after lastnight i allready ordered the spray can and the clear LOL. i was like if this stuff mathes 100% im buyin a gallon and spraying ALOT of the car Mystichrome that did not come mystichrome!:rockon::rockon: Ive got a decent gun and compressor setup at home, so i can build a mock booth for the small things im gonna spray. i bought the spray to use on some test pieces. If its a go, this will be a new day for my fellow Mystichrome owners and our options of color matching things like, wheel accents, trim, engine, calipers, etc. :coolman:

Homebrew

Established Member
after lastnight i allready ordered the spray can and the clear LOL. i was like if this stuff mathes 100% im buyin a gallon and spraying ALOT of the car Mystichrome that did not come mystichrome!:rockon::rockon: Ive got a decent gun and compressor setup at home, so i can build a mock booth for the small things im gonna spray. i bought the spray to use on some test pieces. If its a go, this will be a new day for my fellow Mystichrome owners and our options of color matching things like, wheel accents, trim, engine, calipers, etc. :coolman:

Where did you end up ordering it from?

Xcessiv

Established Member
Hi guys,

Quick question... Is it possible to order this G6 base coat in small quantity, for example to simply respray a mirror? It has to be done professionally => no spray can. I don't see spending 150$ just because the minimum quantity was a pint.

Thank you.

03Predator

Established Member
Resurrecting this thread. My 10 year old son closed the garage door on my bumper last night. :( I'm devastated. There are three parallel scratches and one is more of a gouge, I'd say. Not a deep one, but it's pretty thick. The others are just scratches. Anyway, what's the consensus on mystichrome paint in 2010. Where should I buy it? I'm picky and would prefer to keep the factory method of application. *cries*

Thanks.

Cindy

Tractionless1

Established Member
I used the R-M line and brought to a Ford dealer with experience in Mystichrome application who uses R-M products. It turned out better than stock, ie no orange peel.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Cindy, I would take your car to a good Ford dealer, one that has experience with this paint and let them take care of it. How far are you from Galpin Ford? I don't know anything about Galpin except that they are the #1 volume Ford dealer in the world, and likely have experience with Mystichrome. Just a thought. Galpin is in North Hills, between Van Nuys and San Fernando.

jm35ny

Established Member
When this MC first came out i hated it! Now i think its the nicest color for the cobra`s!

Snake Plissken

Established Member
This type of paint isn't new. I remember in the early 70s as young teen seeing it at a show car tour here in STL. It was called Flip-Flop a lacquer based paint, it wasn't made by any of the big boys, ie-Dupont, RM, Ditzler<bought by PPG<that's how they got into automotive finishes-anybody that sprayed back in the 70s are before remembers that name. I sprayed a couple of motocycles back in the mid-70s with it.

Cindy- I agree with CobraBob, good luck with your car....

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
One...make sure your post is clear as to mystic and mystichrome. And two the Mystic is said to be hard to get, not mystichrome..

Fourtrax250R

Established Member
I have an 04 Mystichrome, a very close friend of mine is a general manager at a high end auto-body. I am having my front bumper repainted because of rock chips (not many, but it bothers me). We purchased the paint from BASF, it took about a week to come in (just arrived yesterday). :beer: It came pre-mixed from BASF already. Having it painted next week, can't wait!! I'll post pics when done!!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread