What is my FR500 exhaust worth?

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
Been thinking of getting a diff exhaust since I've had the same one for 10 years now. I had someone offer $600 a few years ago and was wondering if people still hunt for FR500 stuff? It's got about 50k, no rust or corrosion (SS and So Cal!), but does have denting on one of the mufflers - kind of like hail on a car, cosmetic but definitely not big enough to cause restriction or anything.

Last edited:

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I bet you could still get close to $600 for it. If you were local I'd probably pay $450 for it but the shipping will make it cost prohibitive.

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
I bet you could still get close to $600 for it. If you were local I'd probably pay $450 for it but the shipping will make it cost prohibitive.

That is in fact the rub as they say, and yea the x-over after the mufflers is what does it.

other than some gravel dents on the muffler, there is oil residue from the rear end as it sits right above the x-over; would a wire wheel or flapper work to remove it? Pressure washer doesnt do it, and whether I sell or keep id like to clean it off, I didnt know if the SS material made any diff.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I have the FR500 piping in my catback but the previous owner swapped out the mufflers, not sure why and since it was a repo vehicle I had no way of contacting the person.

The piping is made of 409 steel, it does not polish up as nicely as the 304 steel. You could still clean it up with a flapper wheel though.

cartec

I don’t want to be on this site anymore
Established Member
Are you still wanting to sell it? I'm in the Bay Area near San Jose. I could trade you the manga flow system on my 99 svt cobra.

GodStang

Established Member
$600 is the common price for this Catback. My favorite all time just too small so I had to sell mine.

Users who are viewing this thread