Where can I get the Ford interior paint in the spray cans?

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Yeah, they discontinued it for some reason. I found a small can of paint that matched pretty damn good at Advance Auto Parts. It was charcoal grey Honda interior paint. I painted my triple a-pillar pod and it came out great. I just went in and asked to borrow a few cans to take out to the car for a sec.! The cap that matched the best was the one that I bought. Actually I bought two cans because I couldn't decide between the two. One was graphite (something) and the other was charcoal grey (Honda).

Resizeofgauge3.gif

Zman04

Established Member
Vht- makes vehicle specfic paint for the pillars. It is auto meter recomended. They also have a nice plastic primer to put on before the paint works great. Call me if you need some I can get it for you if you can't find it.

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
Thanks for the responses.

Do you have any idea the brand of the honda "Charcoal Grey"?

I am going to be using it to paint an Autometer bezel and steering column pod. I have the SOS A pillar so that isn't a problem.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
It was Dupli-Color brand (auto spray). It comes in a fairly small spray can from Advance Auto Parts. I thing the one I used was called Medium/Dark Charcoal Grey. I bought two bottles so it's kinda hard for me to remember which one it was. I bought the two which matched the interior the best (color cap). good luck

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I-CAN-STANG said:
Yeah, they discontinued it for some reason. I found a small can of paint that matched pretty damn good at Advance Auto Parts. It was charcoal grey Honda interior paint. I painted my triple a-pillar pod and it came out great. I just went in and asked to borrow a few cans to take out to the car for a sec.! The cap that matched the best was the one that I bought. Actually I bought two cans because I couldn't decide between the two. One was graphite (something) and the other was charcoal grey (Honda).

Resizeofgauge3.gif
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I like those gauges in your A-pillar pod. What brand and model? Any larger pics? Looks like the rims are polished?

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
I just went to my local dealership and ordered some interior spray paint. It was close to $20 tax and all and it's the Midnight Black that you need. I can give you the part number when I get home tonight if you need it.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
CobraBob said:
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I like those gauges in your A-pillar pod. What brand and model? Any larger pics? Looks like the rims are polished?
Thanks CB! ;-) The rings are polished and the gauges are SPW X7 series. They change to 7 different colors I believe (red, blue, yellow etc.) but I leave mine on green. It matches the interior dash pretty well at night. :-D

autotoyaz_1887_44968588

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
U1arunit said:
Interior paint from Ford

Midnight Black Spray Laquer Part #M4JZ-19M547-1074H

I tried getting that from my dealer... they said they cant get it anymore. If your local dealer has a can of it let me know, I would pay for one.

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
LargeOrangeFont said:
My local dealer says they arent available anymore.

I am looking for Midnight Black, or whatever color our cars are.

i got mine from one of the dealerships in houston about 1 month ago.

Joe Myers Ford in Houston, TX...they are on the website...maybe you could order one from them.

Users who are viewing this thread