Wireless head phones for tv?

hoghunter

Get The Phone
Established Member
Looking to purchase some wireless headphones for a Samsung smart tv...anyone have any that they recommend and was it difficult to pair up with tv...I do a lot of late night watching and don't want to wake the others up.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
does your tv have audio out? if so, what kind? does it have bluetooth built in? my samsung has nada. totally sucks as ive been working on this same thing for myself. i even looked at getting a soundbar but the only ones that send BT signal (not receive) are more expensive. luckily my amazon fire box has BT built in. but i can only watch through that (thank God for Kodi).

i think my Direct TV box has an audio out jack.

if your tv has an audio out jack, you can get one of these
https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-B...1303120&sr=8-3&keywords=bluetooth+transmitter

there are also transmitters that work with digital optical outputs and rca as well though i doubt your tv has those lol.

if your tv has BT built in then your golden. any BT headphones will work. the other night i was using my BT earbuds to watch tv late at night. sounded good. i did just order some Skullcandy noise cancelling type though for about $50. should be more comfortable for long periods

hoghunter

Get The Phone
Established Member
hmmm...not sure if TV has BT...will check tonight, it's only a couple of years old but that is eons in TV world life. Getting ready to pull the trigger on another TV also so I'm glad you brought up the BT option...the next one will have it.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
One thing that’s pretty cool about Roku is to be able to transmit it to the Roku control via head jack or on the phone with the app. Any app you use thru Roku, itll send the audio signal in of those ways.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Highly unlikely that your tv has BT if a few years old. There are a million ways to connect headphones. I would pick a headphone, and price point, then see if you can make it work. If you only have one source (cable / DTV) you can also just connect to the boxes audio out (assuming connection to tv is hdmi, and audio out is open). If you are trying to keep the sound from others, you should consider over the ear, vs "buds". Also note, most over the ear have volume control in them, so you don't have to worry about a variable audio output.

Users who are viewing this thread