1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Dyno Tune

SleeperSnake

Established Member
Hey guys, i know its not "SVT" but its the Teksid DOHC!!

Finally Got the Mark VIII Dyno Tuned at Logan Motorsports. I got a SCT Xcalibrator2 and had Logan see what they could improve on..

So, as it was, before hooking up the xcal, i asked if they would do a dyno pull just as i had it, when they did, the air to fuel was soo lean that he didnt feel like it would be a safe pull so he stopped it at around 4000 RPM. For some numbers, the a/f ratio was at a little over 16:1. for those of you who dont know, it should be, depending on the tune, around 13:1 ish...
I was reallly suprised.!!

After the tuning, it ended up putting down 239RWHP and 245RWTQ. It was still making power all the way to 6000rpm(where the dyno stopped) he said at 6500rpm it makes 243-248rwhp..It was about 80 degrees in the shop. I had the shift points raised, Shifts Firmed up! Which was a HUGE difference. Cooling fans come on around 180 now. along with some other things.

Heres a graph of one of the pulls. As you can see, the torque curve is nice and flat, So for everyone who had questions about running a short runner cobra intake, You don't Loose the low end .. Just goes to show, unless someone has done it, then nobody really knows for sure.(nobody has dyno'd a mark viii with short runner cobra manifold.) i had soooo many people tell me that it would be a dog down low even with the 4.10's, grant it that i am still running the imrc's..

Overall i am REALLY impressed with the numbers considering on their dyno, (which they told me early on reads a little low), that the gen 2 marks were running from 205rwhp to 212rwhp.. so to be conservative, i gained about 30 wheel horsepower from the mods in my sig.. Very impressed. heres a video of after the tune 0-85..
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80W0h2lea1k"]YouTube - 98 Mark VIII LSC After Tuning 0-85[/ame]

and lets not forget the before the tune video i posted. you dont need a timer to see that it is way slower here!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMGr-88Ql4c"]YouTube - 98 Mark VIII LSC Modded UnTuned 0-85mph[/ame]

anyone got a stopwatch? i would like to see how my 0-60 and 0-80 changed between the two videos!

Comments please. Be honest!
mods:
1998 Mark VIII LSC
Toreador Red on Tan
SCT XCal2 Dyno Tuned By Logan Motorsports
Ford Racing Trac-Lok
Ford Racing 4.10 Ring and Pinion
98 Cobra Short Runner Intake Manifold
C&L Intake Tube W/ LMS MAF and K&N Conical Filter
Custom 2.5" Catback
DynaMax Ultra Flo 2.5 Muffler With X Pipe Built In
Removed Intake Resonator
Mobile 1 Synthetic
AutoLite 103 Platinum Plugs(One Heat Range Colder)
160 Degree Thermostat
Rear Diff Protected By AMS Oil
LMS CobraStar Badges
239RWHP/245RWTQ June 27,2008

Last edited:

JasonSnake

Established Member
that's awesome! The speedo sure climbs quickly. On the second vid you can tell how sloppy it was shifting.

This makes me want a mark viii even more now.

SleeperSnake

Established Member
that's awesome! The speedo sure climbs quickly. On the second vid you can tell how sloppy it was shifting.

This makes me want a mark viii even more now.

Get one! I promise you will NOT be disappointed. ive never had a car that i can be comfortable while i race. Its a whole new animal.!

Moves good for 3950 lbs with driver huh?

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Mark 8 is a cool car esp. 97-98's. I always wanted to see one done up. There is a guy running a mk7 lsc down at atco, nasty sweet car. Good luck with the "8"

90lxfox5.0

Established Member
Put some spray on that bitch,and go hunting,Total sleeper forsure.Again put a 150 shot on it and you have a low 12 sec sleeper.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
So its the stock mark8 block with a 96-98 cobra intake on it?

Do you have to jmod done to the trans and did you do any extra cooling for the trans since your running 410s or no?

Lincolns are awesome man, dont let anyone tell you different. Most people dont know what engines and such they have in them.

SleeperSnake

Established Member
haha, no i am supercharging it soon hopefully. Ill get the FR500 Valvetrain setup on it next and then a highstall and a vortech.

It is the stock longblock with a cobra manifold. just upgraded intake and exhaust basically with a tuner.
As for the Trans cooler question, i am running the stock setup, it is not Jmodded, but since its an AOD"E" which is electronic, my Xcal2 can adjust shift firmness, thats what i did and it rips pretty good. !! I have a large Trans cooler in my house waiting to go on for the reasons that i am running a little more heat due to the increased line pressure of the shift firmness.

Thanks guys, i cant wait to see what it does at the track.. i am thinking low 14's, which i would be very happy with for no weight reductions. Sleeper !

burbank98lsc

Established Member
This is one clean engine bay.
I want to race you in my DD Mark 8 one day and see how My car is doing against yours from 20 mph roll as I have stock gears in my car.:beer: .

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
^^^ nice video, that thing runs good.

DO you guys get on any lincoln forums? I get on LVS but am seeing if theres anything else thats good out there....

BLK93GT

Established Member
Looks like it moves good! I did a Factory Tech plate kit in my truck which is basically a shift kit but with a direct replacement seperator plate instead of drilling the stock one out. HUGE difference. I have a vid I'll have to look though. It bangs 2nd gear hard. I had the shifts firmed up with my Sniper Tuning software but read that doing it with the shift kit is the better way overall. I have a 4R70W which is the same as an AOD-E.

Users who are viewing this thread