Return Fuel System Pictures?

SSeatr

Established Member
So I am building my twin turbo 99 cobra,

I was looking for picture of guys running return systems where they mounted their fuel regs.

I am going with Fore rails, does it really matter where I mount the reg?

I am waiting for the rails to arrive, is there a spot on them to mount to, or wheres the best spot to mount?

Also what plugs are you guys running, my setup is, stroked, crower stage 3s, twin 61mm turbos, return fuel, through a 5spd for right now.

Thanks for any help!

I CANT WAIT!!! :banana:

Last edited:

purdueranger

Established Member
I made a bracket so that the fpr is attached to the bracket which is attached to the driver side valve cover.

BR7EF plugs.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
check mod fords.. they have a great thread with pictures of a bunch of different setups.

SSeatr

Established Member
I did a build thread in here. since then I have changed from external to internal pumps.

were you having aproblem with the pump shutting down because of heat?

i will be running a fuel cooler so this should help with that, from what i am told

TRBO VNM

I did have the heat problem once, left me stranded in NC from MD. Not happy. changed a few things around with the pump and other stuff and it appeared to fix it. However, the weather started cooling off, so that may haven been why I didn't have an issue with heat after that. the other problem I had was the pump never worked as advertised with switching between high and low speed using a boost switch. instead of messing with it more and the car being down, I opted to go with the fore hat and triple walbro setup. no problems with that so far.

candyroush

Established Member
100_0312.jpg

100_0308.jpg

100_0320.jpg

SSeatr

Established Member
cool thanks, im just trying to see where/how everyone has theirs to give me ideas.

my car is completely apart, so this helps me so when it goes back ill have an idea of where i want it.

TRBO VNM

what intake setup are you going with? my regulator is mounted on the side of the intake. I made a bracket and had it powdercoated to match the intake and alt. brackets I made.

oh yeah, I am running the HPP upper and sullivan lower with sullivan rails.

Last edited:

SSeatr

Established Member
Here's how I mounted mine...

Picture487-1-1.jpg

which MAF are you using? my tuner told me to go with prom pro tube the same size as my intake tube, which i though hellion told me was 3.5" but really its 3"

i was going to with SCT but their housing is like 4" and 1" step up then step down then bend is WAY to much turbulence i want the smoothest transition.

the prom housing is i think they said 7" long, we are going to try to locate it in the longest straight section goal would be 12" straight before and after.

jumperjack

Established Member
Mine is mounted on the PS under the CAI. I don't believe you can mount it on the firewall and pass tech at the track.
006-7.jpg

SSeatr

Established Member
my friend suggested i have the sit on the front of the engine between the rails, ill have to ask if this will pass, since it really cant be mounted there just the bend of the hose keeps its sturdy in place.

Users who are viewing this thread