03 canton supercharger expansion tank - not impressed

kb03cobra2.2

Established Member
:??::??:I just bought the canton supercharger expansion tank and its exactly the same size if not smaller. The discription says it has a larger capacity then the stock plastic resevoir which cant be true. The aluminum finish is nice , but theres no way it holds more, this to me is just a dress up piece and dont see any improvment over stock at all. I assume this is the reason there is no picture of it installed on a cobra. Really not impressed with its holding capacity at all, cant believe its as small as it is. I just wish there would have been a comparison to show customers how small it is compaired to $200+ tanks. I would have bought the more exspensive one as long as it was bigger.
This will not stop me from buying parts from you, you have great prices and fast shipping!! I will wear the pull over sweatshirt we got from you to every event! Thanks Chris-

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Chris,

Sorry to hear that you are not happy with the tank. Canton's description is a little off, as the tank is stock capacity. Give us a call if you want to switch to a different tank (must be new, never installed) and we'll be glad to upgrade you to one of the larger tanks for just the difference in price. Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

cobra21987

Established Member
I am very disappointed with these tanks came scuffed up to begin with and on the website it says there expansion tanks. Well sucks to be me i guess 300$ dollars thrown out the window

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
Did you install them? You should have notified them immediately about your dissatisfaction. They always take great care of SVTP members and as well as non member customers.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
I am very disappointed with these tanks came scuffed up to begin with and on the website it says there expansion tanks. Well sucks to be me i guess 300$ dollars thrown out the window

We're sorry that you are not satisfied with how the tank arrived. As long as the product is new and hasn't been installed, Canton will have no issues taking the tank back and swapping it out, or refinishing it if it was in fact received blemished. We would be glad to assist you in setting up an RMA with Canton if this criteria is met.

The tank, is an expansion tank, there's no misinformation about that.

Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

kb03cobra2.2

Established Member
Chris,

Sorry to hear that you are not happy with the tank. Canton's description is a little off, as the tank is stock capacity. Give us a call if you want to switch to a different tank (must be new, never installed) and we'll be glad to upgrade you to one of the larger tanks for just the difference in price. Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

Thanks man, I already installed it. My factory plastic tank had a few stress cracks was on borrowed time and had to replace it. I have to wait until middle of the month when my funds are less needed elsewhere and I will put in an order for the larger capacity unit. Do you guys go to the nmra events? thanks again:beer:

cobra21987

Established Member
Thanks man I haven't used them but installed them but still new will u take it back and I'll buy ur big tank

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
:??::??:I just bought the canton supercharger expansion tank and its exactly the same size if not smaller. The discription says it has a larger capacity then the stock plastic resevoir which cant be true. The aluminum finish is nice , but theres no way it holds more, this to me is just a dress up piece and dont see any improvment over stock at all. I assume this is the reason there is no picture of it installed on a cobra. Really not impressed with its holding capacity at all, cant believe its as small as it is. I just wish there would have been a comparison to show customers how small it is compaired to $200+ tanks. I would have bought the more exspensive one as long as it was bigger.
This will not stop me from buying parts from you, you have great prices and fast shipping!! I will wear the pull over sweatshirt we got from you to every event! Thanks Chris-

Chris,

Thanks for checking in. I'm sorry you're not 100% satisfied with the Canton tank. To the best of my knowledge we don't advertise it as being a larger than stock tank. Instead a tank that provides increased strength and better looks over the stock tank.

If you haven't installed it yet you're more than welcome to give us a call and setup an exchange for a different one. However if it's been installed there's really not much we can do as we won't be able to resell it once it's been installed.

We appreciate your support and will always do our best to help you out. If you have any other questions in the meantime please feel free to give us a call.

Thanks, Jared

03Snakeb1te

Banned
lil bit off topic question here but im wondering if the tank described as
Lethal Performance 03-04 Cobra Intercooler Reservoir (Black) is the same one u guys talking about ? im gonna be purchasing it as a combo, the one i just mention as well as this 1 Moroso 96-04 Mustang Coolant Expansion Tank (Black Powdercoated)

Users who are viewing this thread