'05 pics

1qwkpny

Established Member
Check out the new Motor Trend. Personally I hate the mag but it has an article on the '05 stang and a very insulting truck of the year contest.

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by 1qwkpny
Check out the new Motor Trend. Personally I hate the mag but it has an article on the '05 stang and a very insulting truck of the year contest.

Personally I think they were right on the money with the truck of the year. Go drive a F150 (not a lightining or Harley) then go drive a Hemi Dodge 1500. Much better truck even without the Hemi. Ford is about to catch up though with the new F150.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Not to be a smart ass but dodge only offers the hemi in the 2500 or heavier. Currently though... they mentioned something about the 04 1500's having the hemi.

3SI

Actaully

Just checked at the dealer thE HEMI is available for the 1500 as a 790 dollar option. And I believe its not until next year that it will be standard

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Re: Actaully

Originally posted by 3SI
Just checked at the dealer thE HEMI is available for the 1500 as a 790 dollar option. And I believe its not until next year that it will be standard

Yep, it's available and it's out now in the 1500 I drove one and that's why I mentioned it in my post. GREAT TRUCK!

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
I'm thinking about test driving one to see what it sounds like and how it feels in comparison to my 5.9... Of course it probably wont feel nearly as strong as my dak for the simple fact its alot heavier but still would be nice to see what its packin.

therebel5694

The new Hemi's are pretty cool! But not to fast! I got a 2002 F-250 with the 7.3 w/full banks kit. One pulled up beside me at a stop light and I went off and left him sittin back there at the light! At first I didn't think he was tryin but at the next light he made a finger jester to let me know he was tryin! and he coudn't hang!

SVTHorsnake

Banned
I'm impressed any time production is restarted on any legendary block like the Hemi. I'm a ford guy all the way but I still love the hemi and I hate the fact that the 350 is out of production. Keep kicking ass!

rhumbline

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTHorsnake
I'm impressed any time production is restarted on any legendary block like the Hemi. I'm a ford guy all the way but I still love the hemi and I hate the fact that the 350 is out of production. Keep kicking ass!

The new Hemi is actually an entirely new block and head, not a rebirth of the old '50s-'60s Hemi. The new one is smaller, but benefits from 30 years advancement in technology.

As for the "350," I'm not sure which one you're referring to? I don't think Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth ever had a 350. They did have a 340 and 360, the latter of which is only now being phased out in favor of the new Hemi.

Chevy of course has had a "350" small block for eons, whether in the original small block configuration from the '50s or the current one such as found in the Vette. I recall that both Pontiac and Olds also had distinctive 350's based on their own company's designs before everything was standardized in GM during the '70's and '80's.

Ford used to have a 351, both "Windsor" and "Cleveland" designs, that latter of which could be a real stormer in 4bbl (this had larger valves and ports) and Boss configuations. The Cleveland heads were sort of a semi-Hemi design that really performed extremely well. They even slapped the Cleveland 4bbl heads on the 302 Windsor block to create the Boss 302 motor. Ford even had an old 352, which later became the 390, 427, and 428s.

Users who are viewing this thread