14" Brembo front brake upgrade kit for S-197

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Don't know how many of you guys might be looking for a brake upgrade for your car, but in a search looking for rotors for my new GT500 I ran across this:

[ame]http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=817499[/ame]

shelbybrakes.jpg

Quote "SHELBY Kit contains... 2 Brembo 14" front rotors, 2 dust shields and one pair of 4 piston Brembo front calipers with pads. The calipers are black powder-coated by Brembo and have white lettering. The front rotors are NOT cross drilled or slotted. These will fit all 2005-2007 Mustangs!!!

Priced at just $849.99!!! Quantities are limited so get your order called in ASAP!!!..."

Seems like a pretty good deal to me!?!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
I just did powerslots and Hawk HP+ ( to keep the 17inchers for autox) and that are amazing, incredibly noiset, but amazing.

however, not a cool as the brembo's

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Stripe Delete said:
Can that price be correct? Sounds like a deal!:rolling:

Actually, if you go to the link, the guy talks like he even has a better price but can't say on the net!

That's less than the 2000 R Brembo kit!? :eek:

sqidd

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
\

I'm almost positive they will NOT fit with Bullitt rims! :(

I got a set yesterday:pepper: I can't wait to put them om. What a smoikin deal!

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
awesome ! i wanna get the cross drilled rotors...but im saving for athe bullitts deep dish and brake job all at once..

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Just as an update to this original post, I discovered some new information.

These components are available at the Ford parts counter for a lot less than one would expect. The rotors are about $80.00 each with my discount. The Calipers are less than $300.00 (total) and that INCLUDES the $50.00 each core charge. You'd also need brake pads and the pad hardware. Pad hardware consists of two holding pins and a retaining spring. I'm not sure if the brake lines need to be changed or not but if they do, a factory issue GT500 hose should be all you need?

I've searched high and low for braided lines for the GT500 and have not found any yet. So if anyone locates them, give a holler!

Happy stopping!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread