Established Member
2022 Porsche GT3 (992)
Black/Black
305 Miles
4.0L Flat 6/6 spd manual
502HP/348TQ
0-60: 2.7 sec
198MPH top speed

Client recently built/ordered and took delivery of this beast! The dealer prep was horrendous. Worst I have seen to date. Car was full of swirls and holograms. Hologram city.
This was the Paradise detail: Take me down to the Paradise city, where the car is cool and the paint is sh!tty.

The ‘details’:
Adam’s shampoo, tire&rubber and eco wheel cleaner.
McKee’s37 iron remover.
Medium clay mitt.
McKee’s37 Si02 hydro blue.
Master blaster to dry.
Scangrip lighting.
DeFelsko PTG.
Flex machines/Rupes iBrid.
LC pads.
Griot’s FCC and Perfecting creams.
Optimum panel wipe.
Adam’s advanced graphene coating.
GYEON tire.
Metro vacuum.
Autofinesse glass cleaner.
Graphene interior detailer.

Thanks for looking!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
What a BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL car!!!! One of my dream cars.

Awesome work as usual Scott!
If I lived in the neighborhood, you would get my business, no doubt. (y)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man, photos 2, 3 and 4 made me gasp. Just curious. Do you know if he went back to the dealer, or intends to, to complain about how their dealer prep ruined his paint? I surely would! That is beyond unacceptable. Heck, when I took delivery of my Genesis G70, I told the dealer NOT to do any paint prep. All they did was remove any factory stickers, tape, tags, etc. and clean the interior. They couldn't even do THAT right, as my buddy did a proper complete detail/ceramic coating showed me all the stuff the dealer missed. If enough people complained to the dealers about sub-par prep, "maybe" they'd actually train staff how to do it right. Funny (well not really) thing was the salesman told me they do a double-prep on Genesis products. Really? I'd hate to see how they prep their Hyundai vehicles then. :eek:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oops, sorry Scott, I forgot to complement you on that fantastic detailing job. One of your best IMO, because you had to do a lot of paint corrections. Stunning work. Stunning Porsche. I want!!!!!

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
THAT thing is...

R.159c8c3758db790897fecaec73d98f6b

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
LOL TAF!

Bob: I'm sure he's going to say something, but perhaps not...it's all good now!

Dealers don't want to pay to train/hire qualified (hopefully) prep people. And most people just want their new car 'shiny' with juiced up tires...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Beautiful car!

Cool manual transmission....but man, it would be hard to pass on the PDK in it.

Sent from my Potato

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Man that’s a sexy Porsche! And manual transmission just completes the package.

Now that Nick @13COBRA has replied and for how expensive these new P-cars have become (not to mention ADM), I just think for the principle of it I’d have to bring the car back to the dealer with your pics and invoice and have a talk with the dealer GM.
Nick what would you say as a dealer if a new car had paint damage like that?
To me it wouldn’t be about the money but to prevent other enthusiasts from having their new car delivered like this!
For 305 miles that paint was terrible and the correction should not be necessary,
Amazing results tho Scott! Too shelf!
-J

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man that’s a sexy Porsche! And manual transmission just completes the package.

Now that Nick @13COBRA has replied and for how expensive these new P-cars have become (not to mention ADM), I just think for the principle of it I’d have to bring the car back to the dealer with your pics and invoice and have a talk with the dealer GM.
Nick what would you say as a dealer if a new car had paint damage like that?
To me it wouldn’t be about the money but to prevent other enthusiasts from having their new car delivered like this!
For 305 miles that paint was terrible and the correction should not be necessary,
Amazing results tho Scott! Too shelf!
-J

I would definitely bring it to the dealer's attention. Not expecting them to pay anything, etc, but at least to let them know their detail guy needs more training.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would definitely bring it to the dealer's attention. Not expecting them to pay anything, etc, but at least to let them know their detail guy needs more training.
Yep. Many car dealership owners make themselves available to hear an owner complaint or concern. I know my Genesis dealership owner does.

Users who are viewing this thread