92 foxbody/ cobra prototype

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
Based on items not in line with a drivetrain or emissions test vehicle most likely seen in the pictures is what labels it a fake (items not to be spoken about in public, so as to not allow the next owner to make it closer to what it should be if it was an actual prototype/drivetrain test vehicle). Why a fake, because they are attempting to pass the car off as a "prototype", when the (majority) of the real prototype(s) for the drivetrain,emissions, brakes, and suspension were not hatchbacks. In fact, a few where not even Mustang platforms at all. In addition, the original concept vehicles, is a known entity, and the car mentioned in this thread is not it.

Just saying.

Bill S.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Bill,
I've seen the car at Road Atlanta. It has a great history with paperwork. I talked to the former which interested isn't in with discussing it. He is not a member here.

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
Yeah I have eyes but that still doesn’t prove the car is fake. Is the Marty report real?
If you know how inventory like this works with Ford, Ford uses, in any given year, 30-40 or so "test vehicles". Some are simply used for sound testing of a new radio or speaker combination, headlight changes, or combinations, some even for sound deadening. What each of these has, is documentation from Ford as to what it was used for. Each and every VIN number is logged internally, each has to be assigned to a specific line item budget, each has to be signed off on by department management, and those working on the vehicle, if taking it out of a specific office/building/warehouse, must sign off on it. Most drivetrain and suspension cars end up in Fords archives, or crushed, the others, where the liability is not in question, are sold on the used/employee lot and go their merry way. These are brought back to 100% stock, and gone through by Ford techs before they are placed on the lot, or sold off to dealers as "certified used". In this cars case, besides being assigned (per the Marti report), has not documentation to show what it was actually used for during it's testing stage(s).

Just saying.

Bill S.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
If you know how inventory like this works with Ford, Ford uses, in any given year, 30-40 or so "test vehicles". Some are simply used for sound testing of a new radio or speaker combination, headlight changes, or combinations, some even for sound deadening. What each of these has, is documentation from Ford as to what it was used for. Each and every VIN number is logged internally, each has to be assigned to a specific line item budget, each has to be signed off on by department management, and those working on the vehicle, if taking it out of a specific office/building/warehouse, must sign off on it. Most drivetrain and suspension cars end up in Fords archives, or crushed, the others, where the liability is not in question, are sold on the used/employee lot and go their merry way. These are brought back to 100% stock, and gone through by Ford techs before they are placed on the lot, or sold off to dealers as "certified used". In this cars case, besides being assigned (per the Marti report), has not documentation to show what it was actually used for during it's testing stage(s).

Just saying.

Bill S.
Do you work for Ford? Just curious how you would know all of this if you didn’t just read it somewhere

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
Do you work for Ford? Just curious how you would know all of this if you didn’t just read it somewhere
Not that I really need to explain it in great detail, but I'll give you a fairly benign response without crossing the line of privacy, or maybe even a NDA or two. I've spent enough time in and around the automotive industry since 1980, worked for, and owned my own businesses, some production related, some retail, others not so much. Had (we are thankfully all retired now) friends in low and high places, some worked for the manufacturer in question (and others), some worked for other companies involved with the manufacturer in question (and others) and the development of some of the next generation, or factory upgrades. So my understanding of how things work, from a corporate standpoint, and a development standpoint, as well as how things are tracked in an automotive manufacturing environment, (still to this day) are unique to that.

Edit to remove too much information

Last edited:

LS WUT

Established Member
Not that I really need to explain it in great detail, but I'll give you a fairly benign response without crossing the line of privacy, or maybe even a NDA or two. I've spent enough time in and around the automotive industry since 1980, worked for, and owned my own businesses, some production related, some retail, others not so much. Had (we are thankfully all retired now) friends in low and high places, some worked for the manufacturer in question (and others), some worked for other companies involved with the manufacturer in question (and others) and the development of some of the next generation, or factory upgrades. So my understanding of how things work, from a corporate standpoint, and a development standpoint, as well as how things are tracked in an automotive manufacturing environment, (still to this day) are unique to that.

I think my brain just melted reading that. Well that sums it up.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

So basically, you read it somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
It's still not worth much as a rare Fox body.

Heck, I owned at least four as the first owner.

Just saying as I removed the radiator front plate as the first owner.

Attachments

• Foxcars.jpg
    Foxcars.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 81

Users who are viewing this thread