Aftermarket shifter

jdl1000

Established Member
I bought my 03 cobra with a steeda shifter installed I didnt like the way it shifted and the gear noise was too much. I replaced it with the stock shifter noise is gone and seems to shift better. How many of you are running the stock shifter on the track? Just curious to see how many of you didnt care for the aftermarket shifters. I dont remember where I read it but I remember reading something about aftermarket shifters hurting Tremec trans.

ALA G8R

Banned
The Tri-Ax was my first mod and it works great. It is def more noisy than stock, but you can't hear it over the exhaust note.

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
I bought my car with the Steeda already in. A little notchy shifting, but I've gotten used to it. Plus it feels much more precise than the stock shifter.

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Originally posted by Brucealeg
Can anyone say if the PRO5.0 is better then the Steeda?

Bruce

It's been debated several times here. Overall it seems as though most people are happy with whatever choice they made. So whether or not one is better will be based on opinion rather than fact.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by TRDNiteLife
It's been debated several times here. Overall it seems as though most people are happy with whatever choice they made. So whether or not one is better will be based on opinion rather than fact.
Yep, that seems to be the general concensus. The Pro 5.0, Kirban, Hurst, TriAx, Blue Thunder all seem to be great products. It just boils down to personal preference and slight differences between each.

Brucealeg

Established Member
Cool. Had a 5.0 in my GT and was going to use that. Seems like most people have the Triax listed in their sig. So I thought maybe it was the way to go with the 03.

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread