alternator

masonstang

Established Member
Van it's tim from a couple days ago. I am the one who has the sputtering and spitting at 2000 rev, changed the alternator and it was bad but still having the issue and another issue is i cannot find a little larger pulley for yhe ne alternator.So where do i go from here.The car was running great before i put the whipple on, put the whipple 2.9 on new belt and kenny bell bap after that it has been doing this.Do you think the bap could be bad by chance, should i by pass the vacuum assembly that come with the bap and run it all the time need help not sure wha the hell is going on now and why i can't get rid of this issue

Van@RevanRacing

Van it's tim from a couple days ago. I am the one who has the sputtering and spitting at 2000 rev, changed the alternator and it was bad but still having the issue and another issue is i cannot find a little larger pulley for yhe ne alternator.So where do i go from here.The car was running great before i put the whipple on, put the whipple 2.9 on new belt and kenny bell bap after that it has been doing this.Do you think the bap could be bad by chance, should i by pass the vacuum assembly that come with the bap and run it all the time need help not sure wha the hell is going on now and why i can't get rid of this issue

Bypass the boost pressure switch. Check the voltage out put from the BAP it should 17 volts to both FPDM's. PA Alternator makes larger pulleys for these alternators. Before you do that let's do the above and then let me know what you find out.

If everything checks out with the above I think we need to get you a tune from Lund Racing as we previously discussed.

Van

Users who are viewing this thread