Best aftermarket IACV

gateguard1

Established Member
Recently bought an 01 Cobra and of course it has the horrendous rev hang just like my 02 GT did all those years back. I've read one potential fix is to replace the IACV. I figure the car is older, has 130k miles, might as well even if it's not the source of the problem. I found a Ford parts site that had one, ordered it, but later that day it was cancelled as their inventory was wrong (eye roll). Now I'm trying to find anywhere else stocking the OEM Ford part but I guess it really is just permanently gone everywhere. Any other decent replacement options? Delphi off rock auto? Curious what people have had good luck with, or are there other part numbers that would technically work on the 01 32v?

01yellercobra

Established Member
The idle hang is an emissions thing. There's a 99% chance a new one will do the same thing. IIRC the only way to fix it is a tune. Or maybe one of those restrictor plates if they're still around.

FIREBALL

Established Member
Mine didnt do it till I installed a restrictor plate, It seems to hang only after Ive been going on a steady up hill climb. Overall I liked the way the restrictor plate calmed the idle down but not after coming to a stop at the end of an up hill climb. The idle comes back to normal after about 15 seconds. I might remove my restrictor. With your 130k miles I would look for vacuum leaks at all hoses, fittings and intake manifold.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread