BEST CAI and EXHAUST

SinisterSTANG

SVT
Established Member
my buddy bought an 05 automatic GT, should have gotten standard but oh well. What would be the best cold air intake and exhaust setup for his car? I've read the most CAI as well as others mods require a tune, if you guys could make some suggestions, I'd appreciate it, thanks.

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
well, the best CAI by far is the JLT CAI... how ever, if you don't want to get a tuner, the Granitelli CAI comes with a new mass air meter so you'll need no new computer reflash.

as for exhaust... it's what sound he'll like best. I personally like the off-road x-pipe and magnapack mufflers setup the best... it's loud and throaty... sounds bad ass WOT.

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
also, just let your friend know... the axleback kits don't add power. just sound. how ever the offroad x-pipe will be good for about 10-15 horsepower...you'l just need a tuner to disengage the rear o2 sensors.

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
SinisterSTANG said:
what about a catted mid-pipe, will that require a tune?

nope... just expensive... might as well get a tuner for the difference in price

off-road x-pipe is about $180... catted ones are like$450+

rmays06

Established Member
Tunable inductions offers a sweet CAI, tuner, exhaust package. The CAI is sharp and is painted to match the car.

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
rmays06 said:
Tunable inductions offers a sweet CAI, tuner, exhaust package. The CAI is sharp and is painted to match the car.

It must be a JLT. You can get all of JLT's CAI's painted to match the car as an option.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Tell your friend to throw some 4.10 gears atleast in that car so he can stomp some standards butts:D

Burke

Established Member
I'll say this - before I got the redfire 06 manual I have now, I had a black 05 auto - the new auto is pretty cool and is SWEET to run on a drag strip lemme tell ya. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread