Best short shifter? Shift boot?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have the Tri-Ax with the MGW handle (for more adjustment). Other equally nice short-throw shifters are the Pro 5.0, Hurst and the Kirban (more known for their Corvette shifter). Each can be combined with the MGW handle if you want more position adjustment.

Juiced-03

Established Member
I like the pro 5.0 I dont personally have it, but I have felt it and it is nice! I had the steeda in my last cobra and it was nice, but I heard it is troublesome with the T56

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
pro 5.0 with mgw chrome cobra knob with the upr tripple hook quadrant set on the middle hook and their firewall adjuster.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
This topic is tired.... Here are the answers... IN NO particular order..

Tri-Ax
Pro 5.0
UPR Blue Thunder
Amazon Racing
Hurst

Arguably the most widely used models are the tri-ax and the pro5.0. However, many people are using teh amazon and UPR and claim that teh quality and feel is the exact same as the bigger names without the bigger prices.

Enjoy.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Man I love this topic...;-)

Like the Steeda but it was noisy in my 02GT. I'm leaning towards the Pro 5.0 cause it supposedly is quiet and feels good as the Tri-ax. Still torn though, I should probably go 'enie meane miny mo' and buy! :p

newcastle

Originally posted by Cobra #2100
You live in Fairfield CA, I live in Vacaville CA.

What color is your cobra? I have seen a grey 03 in Vacaville on Browns Valley Road a couple of times. That you?

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Had tri-ax and will never buy one again.Get the pro 50. I missed 3rd and ground gears alout with that shifter more then the stock one. Can get the pro for 165 new. But it just might be the driver. WHo knows, guess i'll have to wait till the pro is installed.

newcastle

Pro 5.O with adjustable MGW handle

I put this set up in two weeks ago (with stock knob - stock knob works on MGW handle) and like it alot. The improvement over the stock shifter is huge. The adjustable handle really puts third and fifth gears closer to the driver. Easy to install, also.

Pyro

Established Member
Does anyone know what Saleen uses on their cars? A long time ago, I tried someones car that had on from Saleen and it was a very short-throw shifter. Any ideas??

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I just got the Tri-Ax for Xmass, can't wait to install. I going to try the urethane bushing mod that they did in "5.0" mag to see if it quiets the tranny noise down. Has anyone actually done this? Does it really reduce the unwanted tranny noise?

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
You can't go wrong with the Pro 5.0, you can get them anywhere for $175, $25 more than the UPR but why go cheap on something so vital? I've had two in two cobras and have NEVER missed third at the drags. You never hear anyone complain about the Pro 5.0 as you do the steeda... Just my opinion!

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Originally posted by 03yllwguy
You never hear anyone complain about the Pro 5.0 as you do the steeda... Just my opinion!

Oh contrer mon'frer, I had a credible source from Amazon Racing tell me, "the 03 Cobras don't seem to like the Pro 5.0 shifter". I just got the Steeda, had it on my 02GT and it was great except for the tranny noise, which I guess is the trade-off when going with an aftermarket shifter.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
:lol: finally!! someone liked it!! yea its photoshopped...would be cool though huh??

how come no one is talkin bout the UPR Blue Thunder?? im lookin at that one..

Users who are viewing this thread