Boss rear springs

gkviper192

Established Member
I like the ride height in the front of my boss but the rear is a bit too high for me.

Anyone making a set of springs for the boss to drop the rear about an inch or so?

cobra1718

Established Member
Steeda sells a boss specific spring which would lower the rear about an inch. I now have Eibach prokit after trying out the steeda and wanting more drop

svt1111

Established Member
Steeda sells a boss specific spring which would lower the rear about an inch. I now have Eibach prokit after trying out the steeda and wanting more drop

The picture in your sig, is that the Eiback kit? If so, how was handling affected? I'd imagine that the lower CG helps handling, but my reservation about doing it on my car was that Ford engineers spent so much time getting the suspension to work in harmony, I didn't want to upset that balance for aesthetics. What are your thoughts on that now, curious to know?

BTW, you car looks nasty! :beer:

cobra1718

Established Member
The picture in your sig, is that the Eiback kit? If so, how was handling affected? I'd imagine that the lower CG helps handling, but my reservation about doing it on my car was that Ford engineers spent so much time getting the suspension to work in harmony, I didn't want to upset that balance for aesthetics. What are your thoughts on that now, curious to know?

BTW, you car looks nasty! :beer:
i am planning for SVT superfest at VIR in May to see how handles. I would think with the adjustable struts and shocks you can tune the suspension. I feel no difference in the ride or handling with the Eibach on the car. Here is another pic

new3-1.jpg

svt1111

Established Member
i am planning for SVT superfest at VIR in May to see how handles. I would think with the adjustable struts and shocks you can tune the suspension. I feel no difference in the ride or handling with the Eibach on the car. Here is another pic

new3-1.jpg

That's awesome. Looks great.

Can you post the part number for the kit if its not too much of a problem? Did you have to relocate the panhard bar...is the axle lined up in the middle still?

cobra1718

Established Member
That's awesome. Looks great.

Can you post the part number for the kit if its not too much of a problem? Did you have to relocate the panhard bar...is the axle lined up in the middle still?

Eibach 35125.140
But recheck I bought from American muscle

nocobrafornow

Established Member
I like the ride height in the front of my boss but the rear is a bit too high for me.

Anyone making a set of springs for the boss to drop the rear about an inch or so?

ROUTE66SPEEDSHOP.COM
check this out it may be what you need. i plan to order a set for my gt because all i want is to just drop the back a little. and from what they say you don't have to change the panhard bar or anything. i was gonna order the Roush rear spring from Jegs but after i found this changed my mind

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I used the BMR springs, since I didn't want it slammed. After it settled it was perfectly level. I took it out to Texas World Speedway and the car is simply amazing in the corners, even on stock tires. Ride quality wasn't affected either. Whatever you go with, get them from Lethal (see banner at the top of page), they always have the best deals :thumbsup:

IMG1894-1L-M.jpg

IMG9347c-1-M.jpg

gkviper192

Established Member
I used the BMR springs, since I didn't want it slammed. After it settled it was perfectly level. I took it out to Texas World Speedway and the car is simply amazing in the corners, even on stock tires. Ride quality wasn't affected either. Whatever you go with, get them from Lethal (see banner at the top of page), they always have the best deals :thumbsup:

IMG1894-1L-M.jpg

IMG9347c-1-M.jpg

how much did your front and rear drop? and what grill is that??

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
i-77xXL57-M.jpg

That was straight off the lift. I'd say it's settled down another 3/8" or so. Also, the advertised drop was for a GT; the Boss is a little different factory, so the advertised drop was a little off. The grill is a Saleen grill; Late Model Restoration had the best price on the internet that I could find.

65sohc

Established Member
I just measured my ride height and it is different from yours. With 380 miles my rear is 29 1/8 and the front is 28 1/8. I'd be interested to know what other people's stock heights are.

Boss3o2

Established Member
Pictures of my LS, with the Boss 302S suspension installed. 1.5 Fr, and 1.7 Rr lowering. Car handles even better now...

No more brake dive, or sway.

bossmay2.jpg

bossmay1.jpg

bossmay5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread