Clutch recommendations?

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
So my clutch is slipping now. Just started last night and has been getting worse. Guess all the powershifting and brake boosting finally caught up with me... ah well, gotta pay to play.

Who all has replaced their clutch in the '03? What are the findings? My '03 is both my daily driver as well as drag car. It sees more daily driving though.

I'm thinking about possibly going the Spec Stage 3 route. Any and all input is welcome!

BLWN

Established Member
I getting ready to try the centerforce d/f with the 26 spline input shaft. I also am trying their aluminum flywheel. A few people over at modularfords have recommended the centerforce also.

I don't know how much power you have, but a few people have had problems with the Spec's. I think they have all been 500+ hp cars, but really don't know much more besides what I have read on these boards. I am sure alot of people don't have any problems with the spec's.

Nobody really has the best clutch, usually you lose some streetability for holding power, or you increase/decrease pedal effort...etc. I'll try to let everyone know how the centerforce is when I get it in hopefully by the end of the month.

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
Hey Killa,

I see that you have the UPR firewall/quadrant...Is there any more adjustability left or is your clutch basically fried?...Did you notice an significant improvement when you installed the firewall/quad...To answer your question, I've heard some good things about the Centerforce Dual/Friction...Something about the Spec's having about 1/16" of unecessary/detrimental play on the input shaft?...

-pete:coolman:

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
i have readjusted the firewall adjuster and the clutch just wears right back down so that there is no play at the top of the pedal. i'm going to need to buy a new clutch probably this week. quadrant/firewall adjuster is one of the best mods out there. :coolman: highly recommended.

as of now, i should be at around 520hp at the flywheel; torque should be around the 500 range. i can't even go 1/3 throttle without it slipping in any gear.

i'll research the centerforce product though. thanks for the input.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread