Convertible top maintenance & cleaning question

cmm3

Established Member
This is my first convertible, and I'm reading as much internet advice as I can, but there is a LOT of advice on cleaning and maintaining the top. I'm curious what y'all (the experts) are doing to clean and maintain the tops on your Cobras. For example: do I lube the mechanism, what products do you recommend to clean and preserve the top?

gotjack

Established Member
This is my first convertible, and I'm reading as much internet advice as I can, but there is a LOT of advice on cleaning and maintaining the top. I'm curious what y'all (the experts) are doing to clean and maintain the tops on your Cobras. For example: do I lube the mechanism, what products do you recommend to clean and preserve the top?

I bought chemical guy’s convertible top cleaner with brush and convertible protectant from them seems to be pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

olympic

Established Member
I use Haartz Raggtop cleaner, protectant and brush. I've never heard of anyone lubing the mechanism.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
raggtopp stuff every few washes.

never lubed mechanism, but i did have to add hydraulic fluid once.

car has 142k and the top still looks/works great, but it's also been garaged since day one which probably is the most important factor

Users who are viewing this thread