Current New Vehicle Market

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
For what it's worth... this bike MRSP's at $11,099. Brand new 2024.

We picked it up Sunday for $7999 plus tax and freight. Out the door I was just over $9k. $3100 off of sticker price.

Moral of story, prices are waaaay inflated to start (MSRP), yes. However it looks like there is plenty of room to negotiate down on new vehicles.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wanted a maverick so bad until at the recalls and people complaining in FB groups. So that leaves the ridgeline and frontier since I don't want forced induction.

You only hear the bad things online. I don't have any issues with the 45 or so I've sold. All of my customers absolutely love them. I have one guy that bought two, one for him and one for his wife.

We picked it up Sunday for $7999 plus tax and freight. Out the door I was just over $9k. $3100 off of sticker price.

Moral of story, prices are waaaay inflated to start (MSRP), yes. However it looks like there is plenty of room to negotiate down on new vehicles.

Powersports are an interesting business. So in the car business we get allocation monthly and it ebs and flows based on sales.

In powersports, they get yearly allocations based on the previous years sales. COVID was GREAT for powersports dealers. They were seeing 3-500% increases in sales. Well, now that stuff is getting back to normal dealers are forced to take excess inventory because it fits the allocation process that the manufacturers have in place. A lot of powersports dealers are self-floored, meaning they don't have a floorplan, they have to pay cash for all the inventory. A lot of these guys can't afford to have $800k in inventory, so selling something making $0 is a win in their book.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

They have to move that bike in-season, otherwise it will sit for a long time. Your season starts a lot sooner than in MN. I bet this is considered late in the dirt bike sales season for MO.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
They have to move that bike in-season, otherwise it will sit for a long time. Your season starts a lot sooner than in MN. I bet this is considered late in the dirt bike sales season for MO.

Where you live, absolutely.

There is no real dirt bike season in SoCal. This hobby is year round, but demand for something like this does soften some in the middle of the summer July-September. Then ramps back up with a vengeance in October.

Further, car buying is seasonal also... so point is moot IMO.

Fact is, there is 0 chance in hell anyone was getting $3k off of one of these even a year ago.

Morgan

Established Member
Where you live, absolutely.

There is no real dirt bike season in SoCal. This hobby is year round, but demand for something like this does soften some in the middle of the summer July-September. Then ramps back up with a vengeance in October.

Further, car buying is seasonal also... so point is moot IMO.

Fact is, there is 0 chance in hell anyone was getting $3k off of one of these even a year ago.

especially in CA.

I would've confidently bet that you paid MSRP for a KTM- $3k off is a shock. I've been looking at CRF125s for my son and now I'm thinking a new bike may make sense.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
especially in CA.

I would've confidently bet that you paid MSRP for a KTM- $3k off is a shock. I've been looking at CRF125s for my son and now I'm thinking a new bike may make sense.

I was a bit taken back myself. I was an easy conversation with my wife ... "I haven't seen discounts like this in years and who knows how long it'll last -- must buy immediately". She rolled her eyes and I loaded up the dirt bike ramp into my truck bed and drove off.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I've been looking at CRF125s for my son and now I'm thinking a new bike may make sense.
When I bought my new crf250f in December, everything within 2.5 hours away was too high for me to justify buying used.

However if it were a used two stroke like I used to buy, then it may of been a different story since the YZ two strokes really haven't changed since 01(engine) /06ish(suspension/frame) .

SHOdown220

Established Member
I’d absolutely love to daily one
The FoST made a great daily. I bought mine new in 2016 and traded it for my wife a new car when it had 116k miles on it. Only issue I ever had was a small leak from the thermostat, replaced the housing for next to nothing. My only real gripe was the small fuel tank, I filled up about every 250-270 miles, which for me is 2.5 days.

I paid 24k for mine new, now they are asking 20 or more for cars under 80k miles, just seems like too much money imo.

Users who are viewing this thread