Drove the 2004 CTS-V series

Blue03

Established Member
Gentlemen, it has been my lucky month so far. We just got one of the new V-series Cadillac CTS's inat work. Of course we had a businees trip that needed to be done so we took it out. For those that do not know what a V-series is: 2004 CTS, Ls-6 400hp Corvette engine, 6spd manual, rear wheel drive, 18" wheels and 13" brakes. I have to say this car was flat out a blast. The Ls-6 pulls willingly to the 6500rpm redline and the brakes are the best I have ever experienced. Looking at it from the outside the rotors are so big you could almost use them for wheels! The handling matches the power, very balanced and tracks very true. Easily room for 4 plus. I would love to have one of these cars as an everyday driver. The only real drawback is the price(MSRP $49,995). As far as acceleration, it may be a little slower than a stock '03 Cobra but I would say not by much. Interior and gauges are fully appointed(180 speedo, 7K tach, etc). I know this is a product of the general but competiton will breed a better product for all. This is a car I know you guys would like. I really was impressed with this one. Talk to you later................

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Thanks for another review Rich.:thumbsup:

Have you considered becoming a car critic and writing a column?

And when are you gonna get us some sneak reviews on the upcoming Ford products?? Like...the GT???:shrug:

If you ever need a shotgun analyst...I would be more than happy to oblige!! :-D

Blue03

Established Member
Ya know, I never thought of that!! Working at the general gives me at least a few interesting moments. If I need a shotgun rider I will let you know! Maybe I can petition Ford and say I need to drive the GT to see how competitive it is with the competition..............

bigslim

Established Member
Only problem I see is that it is avalible in small numbers. This means huge dealer markups. I see probably a $10,000 markup on it.

Blue03

Established Member
Originally posted by bigslim
Only problem I see is that it is avalible in small numbers. This means huge dealer markups. I see probably a $10,000 markup on it.
From what I know they aren't restricting the number of these things but that still won't prevent a dealer from gouging. But, the same thing happened with the '03 Cobras whne they first appeared. When I bought mine in March '03 the dlr was hesitating about giving me A-plan on it. Now you are getting $4000 rebates on them. Case in point: my buddy just bought an '03 Sonic Blue 'vert for $31,xxx out the door. So, initially the mark up thing will occur but it should subside after that. It was nice to see an honest 4 (adult) passenger car with this much power.

Users who are viewing this thread