evenflow/lethal performance head cooling mod install question

YELOSNK

Established Member
I've read the instructions but want to be sure: the evenflow/lethal performance head cooling mod involves tight quarters with getting to the freeze out plug but it's otherwise doable without having to remove anything major, correct?

Also, I read somewhere that to remove the FOP one should tap it at 9 o'clock (towards front of car). Is that accurate?

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Is that the one that mounts to the top of the head? It's on the same surface as the intake manifold?

For the freeze plug just find an edge you can reach. Doesn't matter exactly where you hit it. I try to get them just to turn a little so I can grab the edge with pliars and pull it out. Try not to knock it down into the galley.

YELOSNK

Established Member
Is that the one that mounts to the top of the head? It's on the same surface as the intake manifold?

For the freeze plug just find an edge you can reach. Doesn't matter exactly where you hit it. I try to get them just to turn a little so I can grab the edge with pliars and pull it out. Try not to knock it down into the galley.

yeah, it's the one that uses the FOP on top of the head for the head coolant jacket, not the one on the back.

Does it help to use a heat gun or anything to heat it up? I've talked to two shops and so far they both seem hesitant to try this, which confuses me a bit as I was of the impression the plug can sometimes be a PITA, but it's otherwise not a terrible job. I'd do it myself but don't want to risk getting the plug stuck and having a dead car in my garage.

Users who are viewing this thread