Ex Wives

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
What I will say that has been different …

Our biggest fight is about money. How she spends too much.. how she wants a joint bank account.

When the dog got sick.. and they asked for the up front thousands of dollars ( cause it’s an emergency vet ) and I out loud said “ **** it save the dog “

She hasn’t said ONE word about money. Cause no I’m not ballin like a lot of you.

But within the same week.

Two vets ( thousands ) .. rent. Insurance. Groceries blah blah you get it.

She realized “ ****. He was right about money. This is why he saves like he does “

Honestly we haven’t fought once since the dog. Now don’t get me wrong… we don’t communicate well at all. But between that mental stress, while being on call with work, working a 21 hour shift while all this was going on..

Yeahhhh

MG0h3

Established Member
What I will say that has been different …

Our biggest fight is about money. How she spends too much.. how she wants a joint bank account.

When the dog got sick.. and they asked for the up front thousands of dollars ( cause it’s an emergency vet ) and I out loud said “ **** it save the dog “

She hasn’t said ONE word about money. Cause no I’m not ballin like a lot of you.

But within the same week.

Two vets ( thousands ) .. rent. Insurance. Groceries blah blah you get it.

She realized “ ****. He was right about money. This is why he saves like he does “

Honestly we haven’t fought once since the dog. Now don’t get me wrong… we don’t communicate well at all. But between that mental stress, while being on call with work, working a 21 hour shift while all this was going on..

Yeahhhh

Sounds like a lot dude.

Don’t they say communication is key, but it’s the first thing to break down.

I didn’t have great comms with my ex wife for numerous reasons. For sure, I carry the responsibility for some of them.

It’s funny, as you get older, things become a lot clearer. You learn to not waste energy on things that aren’t rewarding or beneficial. By energy, I mean emotional energy. And time.

You might consider sitting down and making a list of pros/cons for you in this relationship. Like actually write it down. Living document that you update over time.

I don’t think I’ve heard you say anything good about any of this.

My relationship is ****ing awesome. Which is how your whole life should be. ****ing awesome.

We only get one. Don’t waste it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

C2tuck

Established Member
Sounds like a lot dude.

Don’t they say communication is key, but it’s the first thing to break down.

I didn’t have great comms with my ex wife for numerous reasons. For sure, I carry the responsibility for some of them.

It’s funny, as you get older, things become a lot clearer. You learn to not waste energy on things that aren’t rewarding or beneficial. By energy, I mean emotional energy. And time.

You might consider sitting down and making a list of pros/cons for you in this relationship. Like actually write it down. Living document that you update over time.

I don’t think I’ve heard you say anything good about any of this.

My relationship is ****ing awesome. Which is how your whole life should be. ****ing awesome.

We only get one. Don’t waste it.

Totally agree. If you can’t get along in good times, and she just shuts down during bad/tough times, then she’s never gonna make you happy. It’s a cycle that will repeat until one of you leave.

MG0h3

Established Member
Totally agree. If you can’t get along in good times, and she just shuts down during bad/tough times, then she’s never gonna make you happy. It’s a cycle that will repeat until one of you leave.

Jesus Christ titty ****ing

You just made her sound even worse!

CompOrange04GT

Established Member

Yup
Now that things are good. She’s unhappy about her career choice. And I try to explain to her welcome to ****ing 90% of people.

“ I don’t want to sit behind a desk “

So don’t.

“ well idk what else to do “

So figure it out

“ idk how to”

Okay then

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yup
Now that things are good. She’s unhappy about her career choice. And I try to explain to her welcome to ****ing 90% of people.

“ I don’t want to sit behind a desk “

So don’t.

“ well idk what else to do “

So figure it out

“ idk how to”

Okay then

3 options in life.

1. Sit behind a desk.
2. Be on your feet all day.
3. Kneel under a desk.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
3 options in life.

1. Sit behind a desk.
2. Be on your feet all day.
3. Kneel under a desk.

She has the “ it’s not fair” mentality.

Like she says the freedom I have of schedule blah blah money blah blah not fair.

I told her.. 8 years ago.. she was sitting behind a desk as a receptionist in Texas learning to sell insurance.

8 years ago I was in North Dakota in -20 degree weather working 40 hour shifts.

We are not the same.

I told her last night the decisions she’s made all her life led her to where she is now. And she doesn’t like that.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
She has the “ it’s not fair” mentality.

Like she says the freedom I have of schedule blah blah money blah blah not fair.

I told her.. 8 years ago.. she was sitting behind a desk as a receptionist in Texas learning to sell insurance.

8 years ago I was in North Dakota in -20 degree weather working 40 hour shifts.

We are not the same.

I told her last night the decisions she’s made all her life led her to where she is now. And she doesn’t like that.

I just can't even fathom what homelife looks like after reading your posts.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
I just can't even fathom what homelife looks like after reading your posts.

Example of yesterday.

When we are both home.

I cooked steaks. She sat on her chair. On tiktok.

Ate

She sat on her chair on her Nintendo switch afrer

Then she sat in the bath.

Then she went to bed at 930p
And I watched tv.

We talked for 15 minutes maybe

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Example of yesterday.

When we are both home.

I cooked steaks. She sat on her chair. On tiktok.

Ate

She sat on her chair on her Nintendo switch afrer

Then she sat in the bath.

Then she went to bed at 930p
And I watched tv.

We talked for 15 minutes maybe

You have more patience than I have. I wouldn't waste a minute. At this point, I'd either try and get her to be a better partner....or I'd leave. Life's too short.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
True. Been to Austin once and that must have been 2016 or something.

Full of hipsters and druggies then. Can’t imagine what it’s like now.

Yep, I went there around the same time period. We stayed at the Driskill hotel downtown. Visited the capital and went to see the Stevie Ray Vaughn memorial. At night 6th street was closed and it became a party boulevard with a bunch of great live music and fun.

I went back a few years later and stayed in a condo on Lake Travis. Out there it was great. But, we went downtown to sight see and hit up Voodoo doughnuts. Bunch of freaking homeless walking around asking for money and S#!T! Couldn't walk 5 feet without some bum with his hand out.

I was like, I just want to enjoy my vacation and not be bombarded by homeless bums.

Told my wife we are never going back there unless the city does something to clean things up. But, since the dumbass populace there votes democrat you know nothing will be done. So, F U Austin!!!!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
IMG_0024.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread