Gauges and pods?

TurboS197

Established Member
Trying to decide which gauge pod and gauges(boost and fuel pressure) look the best. Anyone have pics of theirs installed? My interior is black.

Thanks in advance.

sqidd

Established Member
TurboS197 said:
Trying to decide which gauge pod and gauges(boost and fuel pressure) look the best. Anyone have pics of theirs installed? My interior is black.

Thanks in advance.

My car is getting one of these right above the stereo. When I don't need it I will stow it in the glove box. It has a ton of inputs and even has a shift light built in. They are also very compact. If you were to buy seperate guages for all of it's functions you would spend twice the money and not be able to see out of your windshield:D

product_m3gold_auto.jpg

Here is the site:

http://www.aimsports.com/products/m3-gold-auto/index.html

red65stang

Established Member
sqidd said:
My car is getting one of these right above the stereo. When I don't need it I will stow it in the glove box. It has a ton of inputs and even has a shift light built in. They are also very compact. If you were to buy seperate guages for all of it's functions you would spend twice the money and not be able to see out of your windshield:D

product_m3gold_auto.jpg

Here is the site:

http://www.aimsports.com/products/m3-gold-auto/index.html

do you have pics of this mod, and of your car? would like to see all the work that you have done so far.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
I just installed the SOS pods in the convertible along with the Autometer carbon fiber series boost and oil pressure (temporary gauge til the fuel pressure gauge goes in) gauges. The pods are 2nd to none and look awesome.
Here are a couple shitty pics
sospodbright2ol7.jpg

sospodtn3.jpg

sqidd

Established Member
red65stang said:
do you have pics of this mod, and of your car? would like to see all the work that you have done so far.

Man, I wish I had a pic. I have had no time to work on my car at all. I have a huge pile of boxes sitting here:

KB Blower
Be Cool radiator
Magnaflow exhaust
Motorsport handling kit
14 1/2" Brembo brakes
Cervinis hood
Shifter
Spec clutch
All the rear control arms
Panhard rod
Tubular K member
Drive shaft
Battery relocator

I did manage to bolt the wheels and tires up though, I'm such a :loser:

I am looking forward to starting to put this all together this weekend and then wiring in the dash unit. I have put a lot of them on motorcycles and they are very easy to install and work like a charm. It gives you a ton of data for the price and size. I kinda want to keep my car a little bit sleeper and I figured that with the dash panel tucked away instead of having guages all over the place would help that out nicely.

And as far as posting picturs, do I need to hots them from somewhere else of can I just upload them to here? I have not finished (there is a lot of that going arround) my web site yet and can't post stuff up there yet.

red65stang

Established Member
I think you have to host the pics somewhere else and then do a copy paste with them. I can't believe that you have that much control, If I had all that stuff sitting in my garage I would find a way to stay awake for a week straight!!! Good luck with putting all of that on this weekend. I am trying to remember some of the hosting sites out there that are free and easy to use. I will let you know when they come to me.

Last edited:

sqidd

Established Member
red65stang said:
I can't believe that you have that much control, If I had all that stuff sitting in my garage I would find a way to stay awake for a week straight!!! .

Yeah, I can't wait to get started. But I am kinda funny how I like to work. I like to do a project from start to finish without stopping because I need to order more parts, or set it aside because I need to work on something else. Right now I have both of my racebikes apart and they need to be put back together before I start on the car. I should have them done today though.

But I have a ton of suspension work coming in this week that I need to get done and back to the customers, so that will put a dent in how much time I have.

Maybe I will have it done by spring:uh oh:

red65stang

Established Member
sqidd said:
Yeah, I can't wait to get started. But I am kinda funny how I like to work. I like to do a project from start to finish without stopping because I need to order more parts, or set it aside because I need to work on something else. Right now I have both of my racebikes apart and they need to be put back together before I start on the car. I should have them done today though.

But I have a ton of suspension work coming in this week that I need to get done and back to the customers, so that will put a dent in how much time I have.

Maybe I will have it done by spring:uh oh:

Oh is that what you do for your other fun, or your work? I see the motorcycles in your sig, are those the bikes you have a part right now. Some of my friends down here do motorcycle trackdays, but you know us billy's we love our nascar!! So what kind of shop do you work at? You said you do suspension work, what kind? I have a friend of a friend that knows the guys at ohlins usa down here pretty good, mostly on the car side. They say that shaker rig is pretty damn sweet. But it cost something like 4000.00 per day!! So do you know ohlins or do you do another kind of suspension? Sorry man for going on and on, just starting to get into the motorcycle thing alittle bit so its cool to find someone on a car site that is into motocycles also.

sqidd

Established Member
red65stang said:
Oh is that what you do for your other fun, or your work? I see the motorcycles in your sig, are those the bikes you have a part right now. Some of my friends down here do motorcycle trackdays, but you know us billy's we love our nascar!! So what kind of shop do you work at? You said you do suspension work, what kind? I have a friend of a friend that knows the guys at ohlins usa down here pretty good, mostly on the car side. They say that shaker rig is pretty damn sweet. But it cost something like 4000.00 per day!! So do you know ohlins or do you do another kind of suspension? Sorry man for going on and on, just starting to get into the motorcycle thing alittle bit so its cool to find someone on a car site that is into motocycles also.

I just sold my half of a Ducati dealership to my partner a few months ago and I am now doing suspension stuff exclusively. I will be doing trackside support for some WERA and CCS races next as well as sponsoring a couple of riders in the AMA. Between those weekends I will be doing suspension setup stuff at track days and hopefully have time to unload the bikes every once in a while and do some racing. I just became the exclusive service center for Matris suspension products which are just now getting imported to the US. They have some super nice stuff and I think they will do very well over here. I am working on my new site now but we are not done with all of the artwork and tech articles yet so I have not launched it. I kinda plan on keeping a low profile till February and then I will launch the site and be officially “open”.

I am an Ohlins Service center also. I don’t know any of the car guys though. I did call down there the other day to see what I was looking at to do some Ohlins goodies on the Mustang and they scared the hell out of me! Man, I can justify a lot of stupid stuff, but Ohlins for the street car I never drive….not gonna happen. I would like to check out that shaker rig though, that would be really cool.

Those bikes in my sig are my 999R and my 998R (now retired) and my old GSXR1000. I just got an 06 GSXR1000 and a 06 R6 and both are getting prepped for next season. I think I am going to pick up a 07 R1 and a 06 GSXR600 also. I will be chasing contingency money next year and I will need a big and little bike of both brands to make some money racing.

Tell you buddies to keep it on the track, the street is just silly dangerous, that’s what ridiculously fast Mustangs are for!

red65stang

Established Member
Just found out a friend of mind is selling his 02 748 duc. Its the one with two seats. I really think they look sweet, but don't know that much about them. I rode it the other day and I think I am hooked!! didn't seem over powered but handled awsome. He wants 6200.00 for it and its all original. Do you think this is a good deal. Where can I get parts for this thing if I decided to buy it? Is there any cool web sites/forums that I could check out? Thanks for your help. Getting any of that work done on that car of yours yet? Lets see some pics!!!

Burke

Established Member
I like the Saleen pod unit - little effort because of drilling the dash but I think it looks 20 times better than that CDC dash pod thing they have....

PICT1189.JPG

boostinsvt1954

Established Member
sqidd said:
Man, I wish I had a pic. I have had no time to work on my car at all. I have a huge pile of boxes sitting here:

KB Blower
Be Cool radiator
Magnaflow exhaust
Motorsport handling kit
14 1/2" Brembo brakes
Cervinis hood
Shifter
Spec clutch
All the rear control arms
Panhard rod
Tubular K member
Drive shaft
Battery relocator

I did manage to bolt the wheels and tires up though, I'm such a :loser:

I am looking forward to starting to put this all together this weekend and then wiring in the dash unit. I have put a lot of them on motorcycles and they are very easy to install and work like a charm. It gives you a ton of data for the price and size. I kinda want to keep my car a little bit sleeper and I figured that with the dash panel tucked away instead of having guages all over the place would help that out nicely.

And as far as posting picturs, do I need to hots them from somewhere else of can I just upload them to here? I have not finished (there is a lot of that going arround) my web site yet and can't post stuff up there yet.

host them on photobucket and copy and paste the url onto the post reply box but in front of the url type

Users who are viewing this thread