got a ticket

logan_yomtov

Established Member
I got a speeding ticket tonight while driving on the 22. I was driving next to my friend and i guess there was a CHP car behind him and i didn't notice it. ANywayz, i took off in 3rd and slammed it into 4th and the traction control came on and i hip some traffic, so i cut a guy off a little so i could make my exit and i noticed a car swerving through traffic as i was changing lanes. the car got right on my a** and the lights came on. When he caught up to me i was only going about 60.
anyway, i got the ticket for speeding. It says i was going 85+. Now he didn't trail me and he didn't catch me on radar, you guys think i'd have a chance if i chose to fight it?

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Most traffic officers (and semi-obsverant folk as myself) will notice a car going faster than me on the highway.

Quick glance at my speedo, look at your car to see how fast you are pulling away, pull you over.

Sure you can fight it; I mean hope he doesn't show up for court.

Pay the consequences. Sorry.

logan_yomtov

Established Member
i'll admit that i was a little reckless cuz i hit some traffic while going a little too fast, he told that i was driving recklessly also, but it doesn't say anything about it on the ticket.

griffined

SVT driver
In CA the CHP officers are recognized by the court as having the ability to visually estimate speed as the basis for a ticket, without needing to pace or radar clock.

The local police do not have this exception.

So yes, I'd say the ticket would hold up in court. Since I am not a lawyer(nor do I play one on TV) this is not legal advice, just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread