Got Pulled over in NC. questions.

BK04SVT

i bleed blue
Established Member
I cant find support for either of these statements.

As of today Westlaw states that NC § 20-140. Reckless driving holds:

There is no indication of a per se speed that constitutes reckless in and of itself.

I would be interested if either of you could post a link to your information.

Sorry, you are right. I thought there is some kind of law about what I mentioned. One of the factors for AGGRESSIVE driving is 15+, but you need 2 aggravating factors to be considered driving aggressively. Maybe the officer just classified as his speed as speed that could endager others? There had to be some reason he gave you reckless.

Last edited:

Apicia

Established Member
disregard of the rights or safety of others

The only way some of us can make sense of this is to quantify it. The above statement is subjective. Its hard to argue this judgment call made by an officer. You need a lawyer familiar with this offense.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
The only way some of us can make sense of this is to quantify it. The above statement is subjective. Its hard to argue this judgment call made by an officer. You need a lawyer familiar with this offense.

Actually the NC case law says that a person can be a danger to himself and that would constitute lack of circumspection. Also his failure to pull over for a while would indicate lack of due caution.

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Lawyer is your best bet and your posted price isnt too far off.In NC,if you are going 16 or more in a 55 or greater zone,you could lose your license..example 71 in a 55.If the lawyer told you he could do what you posted that would be my advice.Yes the c&r prob relates to your speed

Apicia

Established Member
Lawyer is your best bet and your posted price isnt too far off.In NC,if you are going 16 or more in a 55 or greater zone,you could lose your license..example 71 in a 55.If the lawyer told you he could do what you posted that would be my advice.Yes the c&r prob relates to your speed

If you can get reckless driving for going 71 on the highway, NC is not the state for me! Wow.

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
It kind of goes hand in hand...most of the time the c&r gets thrown out if the defendant pleads to the speeding.Its not too far fetched that IF a decent atty shows up he will get the c&r dismissed and plea to 64 in a 55....nothing is impossible with money

nicktoney

weeee
Established Member
im definately going w the lawyer.. he seemed awfully confident about geting it down to only a 64 in a 55.. he asked what i needed and i said that i needed the criminal charge dropped. he said "would you settle for 64 in a 55?" i agreed and he said thats what he could do... sooooo im hoping he can get that.. im not going to pay 100$ for an atty and wonder if he is even gonna show up at court... id rather get what i pay for in this situation

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
im definately going w the lawyer.. he seemed awfully confident about geting it down to only a 64 in a 55.. he asked what i needed and i said that i needed the criminal charge dropped. he said "would you settle for 64 in a 55?" i agreed and he said thats what he could do... sooooo im hoping he can get that.. im not going to pay 100$ for an atty and wonder if he is even gonna show up at court... id rather get what i pay for in this situation

That sounds like a good idea. :beer:

nicktoney

weeee
Established Member
im really confident about my position now.. the atty even had the date pushed back til june so i could collect the funds and pay him...

Users who are viewing this thread