Grilling Season Thread

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Got a brisket going, trying a hot and fast(ish) cook this go around. ~275 vs the usual 225 I do.

Brisket01.jpg

Brisket02.jpg

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Doing a 9LB butt roast for pulled pork. Doing this one at 250*, hopefully it's done around 5, I put it on at 7.
I was originally told 1hr/lb for pork butt but after a few cooks of freaking out about getting it ready for a group I've learned to plan for 90min/lb at a minimum. I'd rather have it done early and rest longer than freak out about getting it served on time. I now plan for 2hr/lb just to be safe.

Once you get to the stall, foil boat is good for ~10degF (internal)/hr, full foil/butcher paper wrap = ~20degF/hr

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I was originally told 1hr/lb for pork butt but after a few cooks of freaking out about getting it ready for a group I've learned to plan for 90min/lb at a minimum. I'd rather have it done early and rest longer than freak out about getting it served on time. I now plan for 2hr/lb just to be safe.

Once you get to the stall, foil boat is good for ~10degF (internal)/hr, full foil/butcher paper wrap = ~20degF/hr
I just wrapped it half hour ago at 160* I dumped a can of Dr Pepper in.

Users who are viewing this thread