Huge Sting in South Florida

jlowitz

Established Member
Have you all heard what happened down here last weekend?

South Florida's Big spot for street racing is US 27, out along the wilderness of the Everglades, and this weekend the FHP, Broward County Sheriffs and Dade County Sheriffs planned out a huge sting to nab the patrons of that lonely stretch of highway.

They blocked off the mile or so of road that had been taken up by street racers, and diverted all traffic onto a side road with tables of officers collecting driver's licenses and taking polaroids of everyone they caught. They arrested 7 people for blocking traffic for the races and handed out over 170 court orders. Some more daring (and stupid) racers escaped in Fast and the Furious fashion, taking dirt roads thru farm land and other outlets. They impounded 4 cars.

Any major crackdowns on street racing in the other parts of the country?

A lot of street racers claim they need a track in Miami or Fort Lauderdale, so they don't have to drive an hour or more to Moroso in Palm Beach. I wonder if that would actually make a difference.
Needless to say, all this sure has made me think twice about street racing.

jlowitz

Established Member
I actually saw a picture of a mustang as one of the impounded cars, so not all true ricers, but you could say that being a ricer isn't just in your car, but your state of mind

joe96bird

in central PB county.......i work at publix at LW and 441.....the rice boys have been hangin out in the parkin lot and racin at about midnight. some guy with stangs and one QUICK trans am show up too. the stretch of LW from the turnpike overpass to 441 is big and good fer racin if ya like that stuff. i have fried some rice comin home but not the organized shizzat. thats what they built moroso for...:burn:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by blacklightning0
Lake Worth and 441, hmmm sounds cool, I might have to check it out, I am sure that the ricers would give me a pretty good laugh :D

Dude, they would have to catch you first:D

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by blacklightning0

Thats true, but I would let them catch up for a good laugh.
Dude you have a 2000L? Haven't seen you around.

that is because me and theL live here in NJ.:)

Josh

Established Member
oh yeah it`s all over the place!

Around here the hot spot is Elryia. There is a long,straight, flat 2 ane road that goes for about 7 miles. They cought on to it though, because last june they had some 230 violations in one month, so they eventually shut the road down temporarly. When you drive down there you`d swaer the road was black topped because of all the rubber. But whatI don`t under stand is, that there is a state prison about 10 miles from there, and there is a MASS amount of Sherrif every where you look...so why would soeone pick there to race?

Users who are viewing this thread