Lapeer Sux!

Blue03

Established Member
Gentlemen, I had the worse experience of my life as far as tracks go. Lapeer was the grungiest, most run down, hillbilly track I have ever been to, bar none. First off it is a long ride(2hrs for me). Next, you get there and everyting is dirt except the actual strip and the one lane return road. There are no clocks at the end of the track. You have to go to the concession stand to get your slip. The track didn't hook for sheeeet. I am still cleaning the mud from my car. I ran 2x and was so disgusted I left(wasted the $25 they took from me to get in). I am all for having a track available but this abomination needs to either clean up or close down. The stands and fence were all broken down and cobbled together also. Now that I have set the stage, here is what happened. 1st run: left at an idle, severe wheel hop, short shifted at 4000rpm into second, car kind of pulled itself back up, shifted at 6000 rpm in every gear, ran a 12.86@115. Second run, same launch, this time tires spun about 20 - 30 ft out, missed 2nd due to the wheel spin, took off after that, shifted around 6200rpm and ran 13.3 @114.5. I couldn't handle the mud and crappy track any more after that. I can honestly say I am glad no one else wasted their time going there. I would rather wait for 2 hrs at Milan or just drive to Ubly. I won't be going back to Lapeer again. Ever. See you guys later.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
IMO...12.86 @ 115 is VERY respectable considering your mods and the conditions of the track...and...that was your FIRST of only TWO runs!:beer: :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread