McLeod RXT clutch for 03 Cobra

purdueranger

Established Member
I am looking at ordering a 26 spline RXT twin disc clutch for my car. I was wondering if you guys have them in stock?

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Yes, we do have the clutch in stock and it can ship same day if the order is placed before 4pm EST. Give us a call or you can place your order online. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
We have the clutch in stock, who ever took your order probably got confused with what clutch you wanted, but we do have it, I confirmed it Friday morning. It will ship from us.

purdueranger

Established Member
Hopefully it ships out today. Friday looks like only my TOB and adjustable pivot ball shipped out.

Jroc

Established Member
So which is better, this clutch or say the Spec 3 for a 700+ HP car?

This is kind of like people asking which is better a 03/04 Cobra or a C6Z. The McLeod RXT is in a whole nother league past any SPEC single disc clutch.

Marc

Established Member
Well I don't know much about clutches, hence why I asked the question.

This was the clutch set-up I was originally going with:

Spec Stage 3+ w/ light pedal option -- Obviously not this clutch now with the new knowledge I have.
Aluminum Flywheel
FMS Flywheel bolts
26 spline Input shaft w/ shim kit
Lethal Retainer sleeve
FMS TOB
FMS Pilot bearing

I am open to suggestions from the EXPERT. What do you recommend?

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member

Spec Stage 3+ w/ light pedal option -- Obviously not this clutch now with the new knowledge I have.
Aluminum Flywheel
FMS Flywheel bolts
Lethal Retainer sleeve
FMS TOB
FMS Pilot bearing

I recommend a McLeod RXT. It is a twin disc clutch that is designed to work with a single disk clutch flywheel. Any single disc clutch flywheel for our cars will work with it. For bang for the buck I recommend sending your factory flywheel to McLeod and having them mount a new friction plate on it. The factory flywheel is as good as any aftermarket one, and McLeod only charges I believe $85 to mount a new friction plate on it. McLeod makes the factory flywheels for these cars and they are the only ones with fiction plates that mount to them. The only problem for you is who long it would take to get your flywheel back seeing as you're in Okinawa. I was a kid when I lived there so I don't know how long it takes for stuff to ship there.

In my car I ran a McLeod RST with a 26 spline input shaft, the Ford bears, Lethal retainer sleeve, and a Ram aluminum flywheel,(I didn't know that McLeod mouted new friction plates to the factory aluminum flywheels at the time) and it worked great. I recommend going with the RXT clutch over the RST though. The RST is a organic clutch and the RXT is Metallic. It should be the last clutch you will ever need.

I highly recommend calling McLeod,(714-630-2764) and talking to Lee. He knows his shit and is McLeods Mustang expert. The Stage 3 will work fine for you, but the McLeod TD will hold quite a bit more power, and have much friendlier street manners. Its worth the price, and you will love it. The McLeod TD clutch are more street friendly than the factory clutch.

Mcleod 99-04 Mustang RXT Street Twin Disc Clutch (26 Spline) [6932-07] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Last edited:

Marc

Established Member
^^^ Thank you so much for the info. Actually my car is in storage. I will build it when I get back to the states. But, I am purchasing parts right now as I am upgrading to the 2.8KB Mammoth.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member

Aluminum Flywheel
FMS Flywheel bolts
Lethal Retainer sleeve
FMS TOB
FMS Pilot bearing

I would definitely recommend the McLeod RXT over the the 3+ for your combo, hands down. I already quoted you on the parts, but the only thing that changes is the clutch price which is $899.95 retail, and with your member discount, it's $854.95. All the other items that you would use with the 3+ are still used with the RXT, so those prices stay the same. Everything that Jroc said is pretty accurate, only McLeod charges $150 to replace the friction plate on the stock flywheel. I hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
If you want to use a Spec/Fidanza/Ram/McLeod flywheel, you can do that, you don't have to use the stock one with the McLeod, unless you really want to ship it to be rebuilt and ship it back to you. But if that's what you decide to do, yes, everything else is good to go. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread