My 06 now has 4.10 gears/JLT intake/and WickedMotorsports SCTX2 tune

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Wow! I picked up the car today from Kevin at Wicked Motorsports in Brick, NJ. Whoever has an automatic 05-07 GT has to do this setup with Kevin's SCTX2 tune. The JLT air intake really wakes the car up with the custom tune. The 4.10 gears and the new stang 5 speed automatic were a match made in heaven. This car come out of the hole so hard(the convertible's softer suspension makes for great rear traction) especially when you power brake it to 2000 rpms...just a slight spin of the rear tires and hold on. The car shifts so fast now that it sounds like a Kawasaki Ninja shifting. I went to a new patch of road here.....the car chirped the tires between 1-2,2-3 and 3-4!!! I LIKE!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again Kevin!

My other family JDM were abit too busy for me this week...they are doing my dads Roush Supercharger install on his 06 Stage 2 roush. I will give a report of that new found power as soon as its done. Thanks again Jim/Jr/Julie and Shaun for understanding. You guys rock and have fun working on the Roush. We cant wait!!

HotRodHarry

Established Member
freebass55 said:
Wow, you guys have an impressive collection.

Thanks....its a disease:(

Having a car to play with and mod keeps me sane. Big time....and this latest 06 Mustng GT is keeping me high on life right now. What great cars Ford gave us.:beer:

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Here is a photo of the JLT intake installed and a rear shot of the car. Cant get a pic of the 4.10 gears :) you cant see them..but you sure can feel them! :D
2006stang10.jpg

2006stang25.jpg

HotRodHarry

Established Member
I will, I will. Raining here today....The only thing that stinks is that the convertible time index for the NHRA is a 13.49 in the 1/4 mile around here. So if I go faster they wont let me run again. Atleast its better than the 13.99 they use to have. That rule is nuts though. So what are Viper owners suppose to do? or even new Convertible Vette owners. So as soon as I get to the track I will post some times up. I was hoping to get an aluminum driveshaft in before I go. Lighter drag rims and drag tires too...but I want to see how good I can get her out of the hole on the Falken 20's that are on there. They seem incredible on the street...but I know the track is a whole other story.

Jon B. Quick

Established Member
HotRodHarry said:
Wow! I picked up the car today from Kevin at Wicked Motorsports in Brick, NJ. Whoever has an automatic 05-07 GT has to do this setup with Kevin's SCTX2 tune. The JLT air intake really wakes the car up with the custom tune. The 4.10 gears and the new stang 5 speed automatic were a match made in heaven. This car come out of the hole so hard(the convertible's softer suspension makes for great rear traction) especially when you power brake it to 2000 rpms...just a slight spin of the rear tires and hold on. The car shifts so fast now that it sounds like a Kawasaki Ninja shifting. I went to a new patch of road here.....the car chirped the tires between 1-2,2-3 and 3-4!!! I LIKE!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again Kevin!

My other family JDM were abit too busy for me this week...they are doing my dads Roush Supercharger install on his 06 Stage 2 roush. I will give a report of that new found power as soon as its done. Thanks again Jim/Jr/Julie and Shaun for understanding. You guys rock and have fun working on the Roush. We cant wait!!

But wll it do this?

http://www.slotcarmustangs.com/turbogt/turbo3

BigRick

Whippled Roush
Established Member
Looks real good.:bowdown:
From the research I've done the JLT cold air intake seems to be the way to go.I like the factory matched paint option they have.
I just cant help but go for the supercharged route with my 2006.After owning my Lightning and modding it I have become addicted to the whine of the supercharger.:shrug:
I want to run high 11's at the track so I'm being patient and saving my money.It's been tough,I've been real tempted on more than one occasion to order the JLT/SCT package and go from there.:p

MattP 343

Established Member
rick i have a solution for you...Just buy the JLT/Tuner package then when you get your blow Ill take it off your hands free of charge! Sounds like a fair deal to me :-D

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Thanks guys. No 3.90's here because Ford Racing doesnt make 3.90's and I want the gears to be quiet. Every other gear I have tried makes noise. So it was either 3.73 or 4.10 from the stock 3.31's. My rpm at 75 is about 2700. I stay around 70mph at 2500. My car is mainly a fun toy..so highway cruising wasnt really a concern for me. And 2500 isnt too bad at 70. In time I could always go with a larger height tire in the back....plus that would look better anyway I think.

Emay

07 GT Black on Black
Established Member
Harry, question for you. Do you know if your car threw codes when the gear swap was done?

I ask because I'm puttin 4.10's in my 07 gt Friday night, I'm doing the wrenching. I was hopin to not have to get the calibration done immediately. However, I'm hearing the ABS light and such flash non stop. It's another forums info, so I figured I would ask you if you knew or not. I can't handle having dummy lights go off over the weekend, so if the info is valid, I'll likely attempt to get in for a flash.

I'm hopin I can get by until I get my other mods on. Then I'll just full tune the car and adjust the calibration all at once.

HotRodHarry

Established Member
No codes...but a new tune and gear/tire size calibration was done. I heard only the abs codes come on if you put larger or smaller tires on the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread