Need Opinion

00redbolt

Established Member
I recently purchased a 2007 Mustang GT (California Special) I immediately started with the mods. I started with a GMS Cold air kit, due to not having to do a tune, according to the advertisement. After I installed the kit the wrench light came on, and then the engine light. I had no power at all. I pulled the negative battery cable to no avail. I called GMS and they said it’s probably the jumper for the MAF. Anyway, they are sending me another one. From what I’ve heard, they are full of crap. I guess I’ll see soon. Nevertheless, I also order a BBK 62mm twin T-body. Does anyone have any experience with these mods? Will I have to get a custom tune? Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Gixx1300R

Established Member
00redbolt said:
I recently purchased a 2007 Mustang GT (California Special) I immediately started with the mods. I started with a GMS Cold air kit, due to not having to do a tune, according to the advertisement. After I installed the kit the wrench light came on, and then the engine light. I had no power at all. I pulled the negative battery cable to no avail. I called GMS and they said it’s probably the jumper for the MAF. Anyway, they are sending me another one. From what I’ve heard, they are full of crap. I guess I’ll see soon. Nevertheless, I also order a BBK 62mm twin T-body. Does anyone have any experience with these mods? Will I have to get a custom tune? Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes you will need to get a Tune. The GMS CAI is throwing it into safe mod. The 62mm TB will do little for horsepower gains

Users who are viewing this thread