Votes: 4 44.4%
  • I'd rather buy a BEV

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
With all of the "special edition" Mustangs out there, do you think, without an actual race series for them to be "spec", that they would be anything more than the dust collectors like the modern GT350 "R" appears to be. Something to buy as an "investment".

Just my early morning thoughts on the subject.

Bill S.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Ford has clearly let the ship sail on anything SVT related, including the Cobra branding, last Cobra was almost 20 years ago, with or with out the R (not counting the Cobra Jet). Maybe will be dusted off when "Shelby" is retired?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Ford has clearly let the ship sail on anything SVT related, including the Cobra branding, last Cobra was almost 20 years ago, with or with out the R (not counting the Cobra Jet). Maybe will be dusted off when "Shelby" is retired?

My thoughts too. What Cobra?
There is no Cobra, therefore, no Cobra R.

TaraFirma

Established Member
Without a good tuning option for the S650, I've likely bought my last new Ford with my last GT350. On the waiting list for This,
myGT3.png
my next new car.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
That ship has sailed. The 3 Rs were a unique moment in time. The 93 & 95 were purpose built and raced competitively. The 00R was a great styling exercise for the baddest Mustang at that time, but unfortunately used a motor that didn't work in any sort of a series. The 350 R Stripped down model was interesting but never gained any level of popularity.

Tom

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Something to buy as an "investment".

Just my early morning thoughts on the subject.
Bill,
You already knew the answer which would be newer cars are not investments.

A car investment is something you tell your wife to buy a car. It's not going to work except in rare circumstances.

A guy does get great pleasure and memories from owning a great car. Your wife is thinking that a $35,000 new kitchen remodel would make you happy.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Why buy a cobra r when we have the "dark horse"?

Btw, I'm being sarcastic
At this point for nostalgia. None of the Rs win in the "performance metric" catagory anymore. But they are rare and not often seen. And for many 40-50 somethings it was a dream car in their younger days. This is often how collector cars work.

Tom

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
Bill,
You already knew the answer which would be newer cars are not investments.

A car investment is something you tell your wife to buy a car. It's not going to work except in rare circumstances.

A guy does get great pleasure and memories from owning a great car. Your wife is thinking that a $35,000 new kitchen remodel would make you happy.
You missed a digit on the kitchen
Although, the new 30x50 garage will cost just as much, so fair trade in my book ;)

And yes, I knew when I posted it :D

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Without a good tuning option for the S650, I've likely bought my last new Ford with my last GT350. On the waiting list for This,View attachment 1790536 my next new car.
My 2023 Porsche 911 Turbo just came in last December after a 15 month wait. It was ordered as a 2022. Great car:

2023Porsche6.jpg

No sunroof, axle lift, Bordeaux Red leather, sport exhaust, 18-way seats (standard LW is too stiff), and Centerlock wheels. The torque comes in at 1800 RPM.

Users who are viewing this thread