New CSVT owner with questions

gt350pilot

Established Member
Hello All,
Just purchased a 1998 Silverfrost Contour. It is generally in good shape with only 83K on the clock but I want to put a few issues right which leads me to a few questions. A couple of the tabs on the RF headlight and grill are broken. I need to see about getting some replacements as well as a good RT side skirt. My question is whether the grill and headlight are SVT specific parts that are different than the standard Contour. If so, does anybody have a line on these 3 parts? Any help would be appreciated.

CshadeSVT

Let me know if you get a line on the side skirts I myself have been hunting for a distributor for quite a while. Like stated before though the headlights are not svt specific, the grill however is I've had to replace mine and honestly I went to a junkyard and managed to find one and had it painted, if you can't get that lucky then I'd suggest posting in the wanted area here on the site and seeing where that goes

Just read the sticky for the thread if you still need headlights grill and sideskirts I'd refer to that for your answers

Last edited:

LilRoush

M112'd Roush x2
Established Member
Just out of curiousity, what about the grill is different on the SVT vs the others?

gt350pilot

Established Member
Now that I have my new purchase home I know for a fact that the grills are different. I spent a better part of a morning at a pick and pull looking at stock contours. I will try and take a few pics to compare them.
I ended up repairing the grill that came with my car. The top tabs were both broken. I epoxied the tabs back on and sandwiched them between some shim steel that I cut to fit. After epoxying the steel and securing with a few pop rivets we are good to go. Hopefully the steel with carry the load that broke the tabs in the first place.

Drdeadlyrose

Where is the link that i can order cowl hood for 98 ford Contour SVT ? I have serach all over and couldnt find . Contour.org didnt give a aftermarket links .

RichR

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread