Oklahoma Speeding Ticket???? Out-of-State Driver

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
My neighbor went out of town for the Memorial Day Weekend down to OK & apparently got a speeding ticket. So he's worried that it will show up on his driving record.....
I didn't get to see the ticket but he told me it was listed as "between 11 & 15 miles over the speed-limit".
I told him I had gotten one but it was back in the "90's".... which the trooper gave me a break & wrote it just as "10 over". He said I still had to pay the fine but it won't show up on my driving record. Back then I confirmed this & the OK trooper was right; it didn't show up.
So with the limited info from my neighbor, does OK have a similar program like in TX where you pay an extra "processing fee" & wait 30 days so that the speeding ticket doesn't show up on your driving record?!?

580mustang

Established Member
So with the limited info from my neighbor, does OK have a similar program like in TX where you pay an extra "processing fee" & wait 30 days so that the speeding ticket doesn't show up on your driving record?!?

No the best that could happen is the ticket becomes deferred but that will only happen if he has a decently clean record and he would have to talk to the county DA he got it in or go to court and talk to the judge.

Nx98er

Intermediate SVT Poster
Established Member
No the best that could happen is the ticket becomes deferred but that will only happen if he has a decently clean record and he would have to talk to the county DA he got it in or go to court and talk to the judge.

I'm from Oklahoma. It's going to show up on his record. Best thing he can do is show up to court and ask for driving school to get the ticket reduced and not on his driving
Record. Anything below 10 no record posting. Anything over 10. It'll show up.

Sent from my hip pocket.. While slapping 5th.. As you're reading my plate

580mustang

Established Member
I'm from Oklahoma. It's going to show up on his record. Best thing he can do is show up to court and ask for driving school to get the ticket reduced and not on his driving
Record. Anything below 10 no record posting. Anything over 10. It'll show up.

Sent from my hip pocket.. While slapping 5th.. As you're reading my plate

I'm from ok and live here as well

mattstang85

Established Member
From my experience if he pays it before his court date it won't show. I've gotten Tickets in other states and as long as they are minor violations and paid before court date they won't show.

An ok resident will have anything over 10 in their mvr.

Also seems to depend on counties reporting too

Michaelslilgray

I need more gas...
Established Member
i guess its not the same everywhere.... if its under 25 in texas... you can take Defensive driving... over you cannot and its auto ticket... nothing gets dropped from your record... not even 7 over..

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
My neighbor said he paid the ticket before the ink "dried" & before even leaving OK..... I was thinking the same, it would be processed "in-state" only & not on his driver's license/record.
>
And in Tejas [TX]- It was Ithasca County that had a "special process" fee [extra $50] which states if I didn't get another ticket within 30 days in their county or the State of Texas, this would not be entered on my driving record. But this was two years ago.....
I ended up generating a certified money-order that very same day & mailed it straight to them with hours of getting the ticket [from Laredo].
....................................................................................

Its the county where I-35W passes thru just north of the SOUTHERN split of I-35......
SOUTH of Fort Worth
NORTH of Waco

....................................................................................

To me, its big business in Texas to catch speeders or generate $$$$;
I travel all 504 miles of I-35 north to south & vice-versa at least once a year:
I can't go more than 5 or 10 minutes before "The Force" heightens my senses.
>
Sure enough, there's one trying to "hide" in the weeds, or off on the adjacent country road sideways with the gun sticking out, or already have someone pulled over "berry's a flashing".
>
Heck, I draw at least one or two from a stand-still, [Black/white or blacked-out/unmarked] flooring it to catch up & try to either intimidate or pace me. I continue going the same speed since I'm in cruise control.
Believe or not they either pass me or actual slow-down then pulling back into the weeds or overpass to hide.....
Probably my tint & no front plate gets their attention.....

Users who are viewing this thread