question for all you law enforcement people

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
why is it that successful young people can't drive nice cars with out being a "drug dealer" It ****ING pisses me off!

FACTS

When I was 17 (97) I bought a 95 Tbird. It was nice, I put some 16'' wheels on it and had the windows tinted to 35% (legal) when I bought it off of the lot.

When I was 20 (00) I bought a 98 cobra. Stock with the exception of 35% (legal) tinted windows that the car had from the lot

I am now 21 and I own a 2000 Saleen that I bought new. I haven't modified anything other than tinting the windows to 35% (legal)

When I was in HS I worked 2 jobs so I could drive a nice car.

After I graduated from HS I went to college for 2 years.

When I left college I got a job making 60k/year.

I have always lived at home, and always had a good paying job.

When I finished hs, I was 2nd in my class with a 4.0 and was an active member on the national honor society.

I do not live in the ghetto, or anywhere near the city.

A Few Stupid Cop Comments...

"What are you, a professional speeder."
"Why do you have tinted windows, only drug dealers have tinted windows"
"What are you? Some kind of national honer society geek." When I said "Yes" he got pissed off as if I was pulling his chain.
"Where did you get you license? Sears?"

One cop actually said, "You must be a drug dealer" I was furious. I said, "You can say that!" He said, "Yea I can, it's free speech." So I said, "So I can call you a fat doughnut eating cop?" He said, "If you want to."

I called up the state police station and told the dispatcher that I had a problem with a particular officer and I want to speak to his comanding officer so I could file a complaint. He basically laughed at me and hung up.

The only funny thing out of this whole mess is, the guy that I wanted to complain about got into a big scandal and got transerefd to east bum with a demotion and a pay cut. I read it in the paper about 2 years ago. This is the same guy that gave me 2 tinted window tickets, excessive noise ticket (for turning up my STOCK radio), and something else in a 3 month period. Of couse I appealed them all and beat them all, but the fact that cops run around and making assumptions about people they clearly don't know ANYTHING about only end up making an @SS out of themself.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Let us start with your generalization about cops and I quote

"but the fact that cops run around and making assumptions about people they clearly don't know ANYTHING about only end up making an @SS out of themself."

that is the rare few. I am sorry you had to deal with that, but you did and you dealt with it appropriately, congratulations. But, don't disparage the entire honorable profession with generalities.

As for you getting pulled over for being a drug dealer. Do you live or drive around in high drug crime areas? Did your cars stand out from the pack? Being too flashy and showy? Those are profiles that fit the drug culture. Sorry, but it is your choice to stand out.

I myself have things on my Lightning that make me stand out and yes the attention from women and other drivers is nice, but I equally get it from local law enforcement. Since putting in the blue windshield squirters in December, I have been stopped 13 times for "violation of the blue light law." No blue lights facing forward. I stood out and looked the part of someone I am not, and I pay the price by getting stopped often, not ticketed though.

So, now I have switch to turn them off. Avoid attention.

Simple rule, don't stand out and look like something you aren't and you will avoid unwanted police attention and wrong assumptions about you.
Good luck

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
hhhhhmmm you had a bad experience so now all cops are dicks? Seems like the same kind of generalization that you say they make about you. :rolleyes:

If you have the tint, it's doubtful that they could tell what age you were until they walked up to the car AFTER they pulled you over. If they pulled you over they had a reason to do so. I can even count the number of times someone has said to me "You just pulled me over because I'm black" or You just pulled me over cuz I'm young and have a nice car" or whatever. How do they think that when I'm sitting still back away from the road somewhere and they fly by at 50 or 60 mph in the dark that I could tell how old they are, what color their skin is or in some cases what kind of car they are driving? I don't have x-ray vision!!!

It may not have had anything to do with your age relative to your car, but maybe your car relative to the area you were in. Although it sounds contradictoy to my above statements, I can tell you for a fact that there are places in my patrol area, where if I would see a new Saleen, chances are 99 out of 100 that the person is a drug dealer OR someone who came into the area to buy drugs. Officers KNOW there patrol areas, and they know if something is out of place there. I see a new Lexus with chrome "dubz" rollin in the projects all the time, I know that person isn't there because they are looking for public assistance housing.....

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
First off, Sorry you were hassled by someone for no real reason. Sometimes they just have bad days or are dicks. They are human after all, and subject to the same emotions as you or I. Those emotions shouldn't affect their job, but like I said they are humans too.

I don't think, by looking at your car pics on your site, they had any real reason for pulling you over unless you were speeding or something of the like. The windows are not that dark. However, I didn't get mine tinted to avoid the hassle of that VAT inspection every year.

If the officer that hassled you was transferred , demoted , and took a pay cut, then you have one less jerk to worry about. Be happy that one is gone, but please don't judge all law enforcement personnel by his example. Most of them are dedicated people trying to make a difference, make the cities and places where they work safer for you and me.

When you called to make a complaint, it should have been taken. Whether they agreed with you or not it should have been taken. Judging by the information you have given, I know you're smart enough to know that there is always a higher power. Write down names and dates, be nice and remain calm mind you, then ask how to contact their superior. If you get hung up on, like in this case, call back the next day and try again. If that fails, the city manager, county commissioner, state attorney general are willing to listen. Just please remember that all officers are not represented by this instance.

Josh

Established Member
Don`t do anything wrong or suspiciouse, and as a result, you don`t get pulled over and in the long run you keep your operators permite.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by hillie16
I don't have x-ray vision!!!

Really?? I was told you do have X-Ray vision. The chick told me you knew the exact color of the panties she wasn't wearing.

Hillie you are amazing:p :D

Ginsu

Established Member
I have decided to avoid getting involved in cop bashing threads because just like on the road or call there is always an underlying issue that is not being said.....

But I will say there are cops out there that should not have there job, there is one at my Pct and how she still has her job I am baffled!

Users who are viewing this thread