Rebuilding The Terminated Cobra1FAFP48Y43F309694

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is the biggest troll and every one is falling for it lol
I'm not ready to cast my vote in that direction as a certainty, but I've had my suspicions from the very first post. He's either an experienced troll or pretty much clueless.

By the way, he was online this morning.
Last seen Today at 7:38 AM

Venom351R

Established Member
I'm not ready to cast my vote in that direction as a certainty, but I've had my suspicions from the very first post. He's either an experienced troll or pretty much clueless.

By the way, he was online this morning.
Last seen Today at 7:38 AM

This will end one of two ways. Either we see the eventual completion at which point this thread will rival the length of what have you done to your Terminator today thread or it will just fade into obscurity and we will all just assume what many did from the start that it was just too big of a project to take on and was abandoned. Either way I hope we get answers.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty sure he has a YouTube channel for the build lol gotta try to find it

I came across it looking for terminator stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
It's quite obvious what has happened here but no one is seeing it. The car is finished / done and he's been busy driving and enjoying the car and that's why the thread has not been updated.
I'm looking forward to the initial driving impressions post, coming in 2039
So the op is lagging?

MG0h3

Established Member
He probably pulled his head out of his ass and gave up.

We tried to help.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
Fine I'll end my silence. Been busy doing other things, waiting on parts, yes I do watch, I get notifications on every new post on this thread. No I haven't given up. Il post an update when the new parts get here. Been focusing on other "projects".

Waiting for the time to go retrieve the IRS as it's 1000 miles away. Il be tearing it down and completely refinishing it as well. I anticipate the car once again leaving the garage by the end of the year. With about 50% completion coming soon there after. Nearly a complete roller by April of 2025.

To do list
Finish and install front suspension
(just waiting for it to arrive)

Double check frame and install tube front end.
Set front end panel gaps.
Fix a few things in wiring
Steering rack
Aquire and refinish IRS

Figure out the brakes (go 4 or 6 piston

What have I done in my absence. Been working on finding parts as well as did a bit of body work to weld in a patch to truly shave the entena. (Done just needs body filler and sanding to finish it) hit it with a bit too much heat so need to work the warp out of it.

I have been trying to figure out what I want to do on the interior side of things. Probably gonna sell my rear seat and make my own rear seat delete as I do have access to a fab shop.

Pulled the rack off. Thinking of trying to look into rebuilding it in house with the tools I have access to or just sending it out to turn 1.

If I can I'm going to tear my T56 down and redo all the synchronizers and bearings. Just need to get an assembly stand.
Found a shop that will help with pressing on and off 5th and 6th gear. I can rebuild a gear synchronizer with my eyes closed.
Once you rip into them Manual transmissions are like Legos. If you know what your looking at it's not that hard. Just make sure things are seated correctly.

Thats all for now.

Edit:
I no longer post until I have a decent amount accomplished or have a legitimate question.

No I'm not a troll and I am serious about all this but how I'm going about things is different now as I'm now working alone.

Front end build sheet btw

Maximum Motorsports K-member kit with out coilover kit and CC plates.

New spindles completely refurbished and freshly powder coated.
Timken bearings
APR long wheel studs

Side note:

I have passed the point of no return. I'm gonna finish what I have started (or at least try) knowing for a fact that I will never get my money back out of it.

Attachments

• 20240422_184416.jpg
    20240422_184416.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I didn't know you had had someone working with you. I thought you were pretty much solo already. I know you had a roommate who was interfering with your garage space; was he helping you?

So.....you're finding funds to do the stuff above? Or are you just hoping for funds down the road. I thought money was very tight and you had to depend on junk yard parts.

What's your latest guesstimate on when this project will be completed?

Lastly, there is no point of no return, son. You stated above that you know for a fact that you will never get your money back out of it. So, no matter WHERE or WHEN you stop, you've lost money. Just more of it. It's very likely that the longer you wait to quit, the MORE money you're going to lose. But, hey, it's your money, your time, and your project. I do hope that if you continue to pursue this pipe dream that the finished product will be adequate because if it's slathered in poor workmanship the re-sale value will be devastating. I'm not peeing on your parade, just seeing the reality of what you're "trying" to do. Just color me "forever confused" on this one!

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
Ok so
1. Roommate was no help and actually a massive problem as he damaged the door and scratched the quarter panel down to metal.

2. I had a friend who had a V6 who was helping me with some of the bigger things as he has had more experience with staring from nothing, however he graduated. And as the big questions with wiring are nearly all answered I'm feeling rather confident going forward as most other data is available online, as well as through All Data and Pro Demand. All of the torque specs and instructions to R&R just about everything on the car.

3. I found places to work with, so my money into it per part had dropped. I'm still getting some parts that are just common Mustang parts from a junk yard. Working with some people I managed to bring down the cost by saving up and buying parts in lots, for example, my wiring and interior was one pallet. My front suspension was also handled by the same entity. Money is always a factor so I'm going to do what I can to stay on the cheap, I took fenders, bumpers and skirts from the black V6 as they were all 03-04 Cobra. I still have been patient and have grabbed some Cobra specifically parts a decent amounts below market price.

4. I also have gone the route of turning my skills in photography into a side gig. Been a photographer for about 6 years so that is helping as well.

Users who are viewing this thread