s/c'ed 01 vs. 03 cobra

Pyro

Established Member
Razor,

Nice run!! That should answer any doubts about pre-03 cobras! They are rock solid and have plenty of potential. The 03 motor is simply overbuilt 4V cobra motor with an Eaton...mainly for warranty purposes. I love my 03 but if I had a 99 or 01 Cobra, I'd just slap on a Vortech at 8 psi and go with it.

Weedo

Established Member
What about slapping on cheaper mods (like Bob Cosby has) and getting the car to run low 12's (or in Bob's case hi 11's) with no blower/NOS/etc?

The reason I ask is because i'm slowing deciding between a '99/'01/'03 depending on which route I take...

Pyro

Established Member
If you're starting from scratch, I'd recommend the 03 Cobra unless you get a VERY good price on a earlier Cobra.

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
Originally posted by Weedo
What about slapping on cheaper mods (like Bob Cosby has) and getting the car to run low 12's (or in Bob's case hi 11's) with no blower/NOS/etc?

The reason I ask is because i'm slowing deciding between a '99/'01/'03 depending on which route I take...

I think that's a good idea. A low 12 second street car is very respectable. I will say that it's not quite as easy as Bob makes it look though. If everyone who had a 99-01 cobra could run in the 11's with bolt ons, they would. Bob has allot of talent when it comes to racing and he earns my respect. :beer: My advice is to set out a plan for what you want to do with the car and follow it. It will save you allot of money and time in the long run.

Razor.

Users who are viewing this thread