So I tried to outrun a cop last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrh99

Established Member
Well, not really.

Picture this I am cruising back from NJ to RI and I am on 95N somewhere between exits 70 - 80. I was cruising at my usual speed of about 75 - 80, and some asshole pulls up behind me with one headlight out and his high beam on. It was about 10pm, and my eyes couldn't stand the bright light in the rear view so I floor it. I must have hit 90 or so and now I had a little distance between the two of us. Well, luck would have it and the prick catches back up to me and is sitting on my ass again. Take Two - I pull away from him again... well, I bet you know how this one ends. Yeah, that headlight missing, highbeam glaring asshole was a CT State Trooper.
He pulls me over and I have to say he was pretty decent about it. I explained that the only reason I kept pulling away from him was I thought he was just some jerk with a bright light in my eye, so I was trying to get some distance. He could of tagged me with a good speeding ticket but instead I got a $78 dollar fine for Failure to Obey STC signs or markings.
He told me it would not effect my insurance. Can anyone confirm that? I will go to fight it if it's going to be anything more than just the fine.

Cobra#2885

Established Member
I would take it to court and tell the Judge the same thing. And see what happens from there? Because I think he himself was in the bad for one having one of his head lights out and then having his high beams on to begin with? Just my two cents

Ginsu

Established Member
Originally posted by WyteLytning
entrapment????
Nope. People have a misconception of what entrapment is. En example of entrapment would be if I came up to you in a marked police car, in uniform and in the preformance of my duties and said nice car see how fast you can get from this stop light to the next....I won't say anything. So you get on it and I then nail you with my radar, stop you and cite you.

Basicly I say it is ok for you to commit a violation of the law and once you do I bust your ass. That is entrapment.

jrh99

Established Member
Does anybody know about the question in my orgininal post? Will the 'Failure to Obey STC signs or markings' fine of $78 do anything to my insurance?:shrug:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
you got to see if it is a point violation. If it is, then yes. If it isnt, then most likely not.

Bosko

Established Member
Well first of all the cop is still a **** Brain for writting you up like that. Secondly he is a **** Brain for driving around with a light out and his high BEAM on. I dont know the laws in your state but here in CA the vehicle code says that you cannot drive over 65mph on the freeway no matter what unless its posted diffrently...(there are some 70 or 75mph highways here) There is no provision that says " Your Honor this prick was blinding me and tailgating me so I pulled ahead so I can see"......

Look in your states vehicle code book.... There maybe a way out if you felt like your life was in danger or something like that. Say you thought he was dunk and he almost hit your bumper he was so close.

Sorry for rambeling... I just ate way toooo much turkey and stuffing!

Happy Thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread