Stopped by DPS in Texas

Rgig

Established Member
I recently got stopped for speeding on the Dallas North Tollway... my question is this... I was on the tollway and the trooper was entering the tollway from the access road... she claimed I was running 67 in a 55... I have a Valentine One and it never went off... I don't think she could even get a clock on me other than an guestimated speed... which she has the right to do... but can they actually time me when they are moving like this on the access ramp?

Funny thing... first thing she asked me was what is the year of this vehicle... I personally think she was trying to nail me on the tail lights of my 2001 Lightning...

It was about 10PM when this happened and when she came to the car... I had the interior lights on... hands on the wheel... and my wife was with me... I was hot because I saw her right away and hit second to slow down...

Anyways... my wife and I had open bottles of water and I really think she had PC and had something good...

Oh well... she came back to the truck and gave me a warning only and asked me to slow down...

Proper etiquette... I learned the night stop stuff from my son who was a Dallas Police Officer for a while...

:cool:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Rgig,

YOu displayed proper attitude, I have heard officers are more likely to let you off, if they can see you as the approach the vehicle ie have the interior light on, have both hands on the steering wheel ( so they know you arent searching for your piece) and dont reach for license and registration till asked for............

just my .02

-zach

Rgig

Established Member
Amen to that... I don't want to brag but the last three times I've been stopped were at night and all three let me go :p

I really think she was stopping me for the taillights though. I heard of 01 "L"s getting stopped and questioned about the legality of the lights. :-?

Anyway... it nice to know that if you are cool.... they will be too. Of course it helps when your son is a former cop... but you don't mention that up front because they think you're trying to us it. :coolman: Not me officer... nope... I'd never resort to that! :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread