Stupid Me...

DOHC32VMark8

Established Member
This all happened July 5th, and I have already mailed in my ticket with a request for a hearing. I was picking my brother up from work a few miles away, and had just merged onto the highway in Marion, MA. I was doing about 70 (speed limit was 65), and about a 1/4 mile down the road a car starts bombing up behind me. He proceeds to ride my ass, i mean REALLY close, if i had to tap the brakes he would have been in my trunk. He then changes lanes and floors it, and me being really pissed by now, just floor it. He begine to inch up, then falls back maybe 1.5 carlenths, and then the most feared sight to a teenage driver: the blues. BANG, red handed by a Statey at 85 in a 65. I pull over immediately, and he comes up with a freakin spotlight in my face, asking if this was my car (i drive a 94 Mark VIII). I say yes to the blinding light, and he proceeds to ask if i am sure this is my car. I thought you've got to be kidding me. So i give him my liscence and registration, and he goes back to his car for 10 minutes. Comes back, again with his hand held sun, and asks what i was doing, i answer driving my brother home from work, and he says at that speed? and walks away to get the ticket. 90 in a 65 he writes timed over 1/4 mile (he was behind me maybe 1/8mile) and i say have a good night and leave. $200 ticket and a $25 surcharge for a "Head Injury Fund (?)" =$225. NOTE TO SELF=DO NOT SPEED AT NIGHT WHERE U CANNOT SEE WHAT OTHER CARS ARE! I have read the past posts, and you Officers seem very knowledgeable and helpful. ANY, i repeat ANY advice on this will be greatly appreciated! I don't want my insurance to go up! Thanx Guys! :)

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Originally posted by DOHC32VMark8 a $25 surcharge for a "Head Injury Fund (?)" [/B]

We have the same thing, called the CAT fund. As for advice...beg for the mercy of the court. Sorry guy, wish I could tell you more.

Users who are viewing this thread