Ticket 2 hours after buying '03 Cobra...

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
The function of the Police is not to protect, it is to enforce the law. Do you agree with this statemet?

If you disagree, I wont discuss this further with you as your Philosophy is diametrically opposed to mine.

The way I look at it is by "enforcing the law" PO's are "protect"(ing) too, simultaneously.

For example, Hillie pulls over a swerving drunk driver. He is enforcing the driving under the influence of alcohol law right? By taking the drunk driver off the road he is not only enforcing the law but he's protecting me and my family from the idiot. It makes me feel a little better knowing there's a little protection out there like that from them people.

So by "enforcing" the law, the LEO's are "protecting" as well at the same time. Am I right???:idea:

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by Blackgeetee

So by "enforcing" the law, the LEO's are "protecting" as well at the same time. Am I right???:idea:

I agree with your case senario.
I just don't understand why some have a such attitude problems. Maybe it makes them feel better about themselves.

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan

So, until you do a job where you risk your life everyday for people you dont know and get paid crap to do that job, you should give these officers a break.

Hulk

Thats like saying " I have a right to be pissed cause I get paid shitty even though I already took the job". If you decide to be a police officer You should know it is a high stress job that deals w/ many senareos.You should also know you will not be making lots of money. You have to be able to get along with others w/out walking all over them. That doesn't seem like a good excuse in my opinion.

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
He's talking about things like...

THE LOUSY COP

Well, Mr. Citizen, I guess you've figured me out.
I seem to fit neatly in the category where you've placed me.

I am stereotyped, characterized, standardized, classified,
grouped and always typical. Unfortunately,
the reverse is not true...I can never figure you out.

From birth you teach your children that I'm the boogeyman
and then you're shocked when the identify with my traditional enemy,
THE CRIMINAL.

You accuse me of coddling juveniles until I catch yopu kid doing wrong.

You may take an hour for lunch and several coffee breaks each day,
but point me out as a loafer if you catch me having just one cup.

You pride yourself on your polished manners,
but think nothing of disrupting my meals with your troubles.

You raise hell with the guy who cuts you off in traffic,
but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you.
You know all the traffic laws,
but you've never gotten a single ticket you deserved.

You shout "FOUL" if you see me driving fast to an emergency call,
but raise hell if I take more than ten seconds to respond to your call.

You call it part of my job if someone strikes me,
but it's police brutality if I strike back.

You would not think of telling your dentist how to pull a badly decayed tooth,
or you doctor how to take out your appendix,
but are always willing to give me a few pointers on the law.

You talk to me in a manner that would assure a bloody nose from anyone else,
but expect me to take it without batting an eye

You cry"something has got to be done about all the crime" but
you can't be bothered with getting involved.

You have no use for me at all, but of course it's O.K.
if I change a flat for your wife,
or deliver your child in the back seat of my radio car
on the way to the hospital,
or save your son's life with mouth- to- mouth resuscitation,
or work many hours looking for your lost daughter.

So, Mr. Citizen,
you stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my job,
calling me every name in the book,
but never stopping to think that your property, your family,
or maybe even your life depends on me or one of my buddies.

Yes, Mr. Citizen, it's me, the lousy cop!

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Reminds me of the time i got a ticket for 131 in a 55 zone hehe :-D Needless to say the cop was not happy with me and gave me a 9 point ticket :shrug: :punch: Dont you just wish you could pimp :punch: a cop or 2:kaboom: :thumbsup: :-D

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by SALEEN S-351
Reminds me of the time i got a ticket for 131 in a 55 zone hehe :-D Needless to say the cop was not happy with me and gave me a 9 point ticket :shrug: :punch: Dont you just wish you could pimp :punch: a cop or 2:kaboom: :thumbsup: :-D

Really, only a nine point ticket???

In this area your vehicle would be impounded, you would be cuffed and stuffed, you would get the huge speeding ticket, along with Reckless Driving, Public Endangerment, etc.

You might as well use your drivers license to wipe your eyes, because you wouldnt have it for much longer.

I have no desire to "Pimp:punch: " a Law Enforcement Officer. But there were a few scumbag drivers and perps that needed a good beat down:coolman:

hulk

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan

Really, only a nine point ticket???

In this area your vehicle would be impounded, you would be cuffed and stuffed, you would get the huge speeding ticket, along with Reckless Driving, Public Endangerment, etc.

You might as well use your drivers license to wipe your eyes, because you wouldnt have it for much longer.

I have no desire to "Pimp:punch: " a Law Enforcement Officer. But there were a few scumbag drivers and perps that needed a good beat down:coolman:

hulk

Well i was an out of stater on my way back home from some family business. And the officer was/is friends with one of my family members... I know i was in the wrong no if ands or buts about it. I know the law and i was wrong. :shrug: :punch:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by SALEEN S-351

Well i was an out of stater on my way back home from some family business. And the officer was/is friends with one of my family members... I know i was in the wrong no if ands or buts about it. I know the law and i was wrong. :shrug: :punch:

Yah man it is nice to have friends:thumbsup:

Hulk

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
Hille, You still have those two things hanging in your locker??....

I have both of them in my locker at work and can almost recite both of them by heart.........

Everytime I read the angel one, I get a little teary eyed...... I can't wait until I am actually a LEO, Everyone always says to me, why don't you get into computers you make so much more money, and you love them....I just tell them that it's something about being a Police Officer, that I can't explain that just lures me to the profession.....

Thank you to all the LEO's around the country that make this place so damn great to live in!!!

Users who are viewing this thread