tires??

Mattz

Established Member
I've used quite a few products. I think Meguairs hot shine works really good. I also use some foam stuff but cant think of the name off the top of my head that works pretty good.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Meguires, and a contoured sponge. But any tire shine is equal to any other of the same formulation. Such as a gel will last and shine like any other gel, and a liquid shine will last like any other liquid. I used to use a liquid shine like Tire Magic, and coat it with some silicone tireshine spray. The spray would make it hard as a rock, and it would seem to last forever. But I can't find the spray any more.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Eagle One Wet Tire shine. Spray it on the curved foam and spread over tires. Works great and you can put as much or as little as you want. It lasts for a long time too. I've tried armer all spray and that s#!t blows. Gets all over the rim and makes more of a mess then ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I water down armorall of wax-shops LRV with water, I don't like the extremely greasy look on my tires that turn white when setting out in the sun, Only time I use that is in my detail shop on big trucks, it seems to keep the tires cleaner, and the shine will last longer, even though it looks nasty.

1swt281

Established Member
i spray Meguires tire shine on a wax applicater pad then wipe it around the tire this way you dont get any on the rims and no spray will fly off the tires and go on your paint while you are driving

Mattz

Established Member
Originally posted by IllestSVT
What do you guys use to clean the tires with before you put on the tire shine?

I just take an old bug scrubbed sponge (one of the sponges with the little netting around it) and take the soap and water I have left from the wash and scrub the tires down. I'd recommend doing this everytime before you apply a tire shine, I think it helps it to stick to it better.

tropi-care.com

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
To clean the tires, we use TC-17 Tire/Wheel Cleaner. It strips off the greasy dirt and old dressing easily before applying a fresh dressing.

Dress them using our Tire Dressing Applicator in its own plastic tub. Keeps your hands clean during application. Convenient self-contained item.

Tropi-Care TC-15 Tire and Rubber Dressing. Does not spray onto fenders after it dries nor attract dust. High satin finish. Dries evenly, too.

See all 3 items at www.tropi-care.com or to order direct call toll-free at (866)-478-7237.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Originally posted by tropi-care.com
To clean the tires, we use TC-17 Tire/Wheel Cleaner. It strips off the greasy dirt and old dressing easily before applying a fresh dressing.

Dress them using our Tire Dressing Applicator in its own plastic tub. Keeps your hands clean during application. Convenient self-contained item.

Tropi-Care TC-15 Tire and Rubber Dressing. Does not spray onto fenders after it dries nor attract dust. High satin finish. Dries evenly, too.

See all 3 items at www.tropi-care.com or to order direct call toll-free at (866)-478-7237.

:beer: Good Stuff!

Scott P

Established Member
I use a tire cleaner from a local supplier. I have cusomters that use wheel cleaner to get tehm clean. I prefer a black, not super glossy look, so I go with Poorboy's Bold N Bright on tires.

I like the Eagle One tire swipes for application. I let the stuff sit while I do all four tires. I then go around and buff any excess off the tires with an old towel. This gives me the look I like.

Users who are viewing this thread