Twin 65mm throtle body??

kwiksnake

Established Member
Yes but that thing is way too big unless you have a s/c or turbo with A LOT!!!! of boost. I learned the hard way that the stock is just fine and BBK throttle bodies suck!

icehoc8

Established Member
I put it on and noticed a little difference in power, or so I think. I will have to get it dynoed. Any way the idle was all screwy until I adjusted the idle screw. The thing i noticed was that it messed up the crusie control, not as responsive and it goes up and down and rarely smooths out. The gas pedal feels like the clutch pedal so my start is messed and shifting at lower rpms is not smooth unless I take a year to do it, anyway i don't thing it was a good investment but hey "you win some and you lose some". LOL

Later ;)

REDLYNE

Established Member
That's been a regulr problem with these TB's unless you are blown.

You mentioned getting a DYNO done...well, I heard the induction stuff (like cold-air, ram-air, TB, MAF...etc) will show a little gain on a DYNO...but gets a much BIGGER gain in teh real world when you have air rushing into your car. Unless of course....your DYNO shop has a wind tunnel. LOL!

Wildpony

Established Member
Originally posted by kwiksnake
Yes but that thing is way too big unless you have a s/c or turbo with A LOT!!!! of boost. I learned the hard way that the stock is just fine and BBK throttle bodies suck!

We need to have a section where we can tell what parts suck & what parts work regardless if they are advertising or not on this site. (Not that any of the advertisers sell sucky parts as far as I know)

Users who are viewing this thread