Urge to get a 03 cobra ...

ROSENDO SANCHEZ

Established Member
suddenly went away after seeing numerous pics of the 05 mustang. The 03's are badass, but that new mustang is giving me something to really get excited about!! For sure, that new mustang will be in my driveway!! Just last month, I was seriously considering getting the 03 beast but the urge to get one went away..

StickyFinga

Established Member
If anyone believes the hp numbers they are reporting they're dreaming, Ford would destroy their market with that car. Most people don't buy Mustang GTs cause they want a fast car, they buy them for their kids.

If people bought that range of sports car simply for performance the Z28 and SS Camaro would have never been outsold by GT Mustangs.

Black93Cobra

Established Member
I was seriously considering an '03 as well but I have decided to wait until '05 or '06 for the next Cobra. The '03's are tough no doubt but I like to style of the '05 and the much improved chassis. It's a great time to own a Cobra! :D

ChrisFLL

Established Member
If I could wait for a 2005 I would, but as it stands the current Cobra is the best performance convertible on the market. And I can't wait two more years.

Even if I could wait, I would still be inclined to buy a 2006 or 2007 to be sure that the quality is there and the price mark ups have subsided.

By then, my current Cobra will be three to four years old and I could still hopefully get a good trade or resale for it provided that I truly like the new pony.

SVT4ME

Established Member
A bird in the hand. I love my 03 Cobra. I also love the 05 look but it's only a concept. Wait to see the hp numbers and the real production look. Then say I should have gotten that 03

Black93Cobra

Established Member
I agree, if I could have an '03 now and then reup in '05 or '06 for another, I would do it in a heartbeat!! There is just that little issue of money....(read: wife, kids, mortgage etc.)

cjuni

Established Member
05 GT only!

I heard yesterday that in 05 there will be no Cobra offer, there will only be a GT........which really sucks:cuss:

SO it may be true then that the GT will come with some 300+ hp in 05.

I to have be seriously thinkin about gettin an 03 and with that news I believe I still go ahead with those plans.:thumbsup:

03CobraBro

Established Member
The bottom line is... You'll end up waiting for ever with that philosophy... I was going to get a 98... then I heard about the current gen... then the 99's came out and I heard the 00's would be better (turned out to be the R, which was way over my head let alone practically impossible to find) Then the 01's came out, and the salesman told me to hold off for the 02's because they were supposed to be alot faster than the 01's... Turned out there was no 02's, finally 03 rolled around and I knew then with close to 400 horse it was going to get much better for quite some time.

Obviously its your money and you can do with it what you please, and at this point I'd be very tempted to hold out for the new stand but I was just saying when ya hold off for one model it starts to turn into an endless loop until ya put your foot down. :p Besides by the time 05 rolls around my 03 should have well more than 500 RWHP and a suspension comperable to some sports cars. (hopefully) :p

Last edited:

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
I could not wait for 2005 or 6! Bought the 2003 cobra and having fun for a few years until the next gen cobra comes out. Then I will probably get it and do the mod thing again. Ain't America great!

Pyro

Established Member
It's like a drug. I started out with a 95 Cobra then in 96, they came out with the 4.6 cammer with 305 hp. I even waited until 97 and got that years Cobra. Then along came the wife, house, kid X2. For me, the 03 Cobra was all about timing. If I didn't get the 03, I'd probably have to wait until I was 45+ to get another financial stab at a cobra. By the time the next cobra comes around, I'll hopefully have it upgraded enough to compete with the newer snakes unless they come out with a 600+ rwhp Cobra in 2010 and a flux capacitor pumping 1.21 gigawats.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Pyro
It's like a drug. I started out with a 95 Cobra then in 96, they came out with the 4.6 cammer with 305 hp. I even waited until 97 and got that years Cobra. Then along came the wife, house, kid X2. For me, the 03 Cobra was all about timing. If I didn't get the 03, I'd probably have to wait until I was 45+ to get another financial stab at a cobra. By the time the next cobra comes around, I'll hopefully have it upgraded enough to compete with the newer snakes unless they come out with a 600+ rwhp Cobra in 2010 and a flux capacitor pumping 1.21 gigawats.

Iv been in the market for one of those flux capacitor things since 85 :-D

Grey03

Established Member
1.21 gigawatts!!! 1.21 gigawatts!!! Marty what was I thinking??? Only a bolt of lightning could produce enough power to generate that kind of power, unfortunately no one knows when or where it will strike.

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
Originally posted by Black93Cobra
I was seriously considering an '03 as well but I have decided to wait until '05 or '06 for the next Cobra. The '03's are tough no doubt but I like to style of the '05 and the much improved chassis. It's a great time to own a Cobra! :D

Go ahead and get you an '03; you'll love it!:burnout: Besides, there are many iterations to come before the '05 specs are etched in stone. With the Cobras not appearing until '06, that is a long time to deny self gratification.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Exactly, if your thinkin about getting one now, but arent sure, get the 03 now and you can trade it in on an 05 or 06 when they come out. Iv pondered it, although like I said earlier I hope to be running atleast low 10's in my 03 by that time so I doubt ill be experiencing the new platform for quite sometime. :)

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Who knows if there will even be a SVT Cobra in 06? SVT could get axed along with the Cobras. You never know. Nobody thought GM would kill the Crapmaro, but they did.

I'll take mine while the gettin's good.

Users who are viewing this thread