wat to get

mcollins

i have an 02 saleen mustang the s281-sc

all i have now is cool air intake, a short shifter and im puting a steeda cat-back on in like 2 weeks. what else should i put in it? right now its at like 370 hp but i dont know what else i can do to it since i dont know that much about engines

MattP 343

Established Member
Hmm typically this forum is for 05+ Mustangs, but no biggie

I would suggest getting a smaller pully for the blower plus a tune. A set of rear end gears, long tube headers and shorty mid pipe.

mcollins

my bad

well how much hp do u think that would give me and how much would it cost?
or would it just be better to spend a little more and change the supercharger to a kenne bell or somethhing on those lines

also i dont know how to install anything nor do i know that much about cars like tuning and etc...

MattP 343

Established Member
Well it really depends on how much money you have to spend and what performance goals you are trying to achieve.

What blower headunit are your running? I know its Saleen but what generation is it?

MattP 343

Established Member
I would say that with getting a small enough pully to put your boost up to about 8-10psi, and adding full exhaust should net close to 350ish (Depending on your type of blower and the tune) at the wheels which is about 410 at the flywheel/engine.

Plus the gears will add a definate seat of the pants feel, but will not gain anything on a dyno. (They actually slightly decrease the numbers but only by 2-5hp, and the difference they make absolutely off sets the horsepower lost)

So add that up...Pully Swap and Tune ($600) Gears/Install ($450) L/Ts and mid pipe ($1000) So you are getting about 350 to the wheels for $2 grand...And you will spend somewhere between 4-5grand buying/installing a Kennebell and you will see somewhere around 400-420, depending on boost, to the wheels (500ish at the engine/crank) So you do the math.

Last edited:

mcollins

well i think its like a series 2 blow or something idk my bad, but i might be moving so if i do im also gettin a svt lightning or a silverado ss. but if i move im gonna try 2 make the car a show car and my dad said he probly will just give me the money to twin turbo it. im tyring to get like 500 hp basically enought to beat like corvettes

Users who are viewing this thread