What is the black decal w/ blue line mean?

Ginsu

Established Member
A sticker saying the driver is a cop. They are small and me, I put mine in a very inconspicious area. I do not know of a law saying they are illegal for citizens to have but about the only place to get one is a cop store. And do you have a police ID? But they can be obtained...now will it get you out of a ticket? If I see one and the driver looks like he may be a cop I ask, if the driver says yes I ask for his police ID and guess what if they don't...that is impersonating an officer by saying they are. :punch:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Must be a Southern thing.

I have never seen one or heard of one in the NorthEast before.

Rob you got a pic?

Hulk

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
You have to present police ID to buy them, if you have one on your car and you aren't an officer, you can bet there are gonna be quite a few questions coming your way. It lets officers know that there is likely a loaded firearm in the vehicle.

Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Must be a Southern thing.

I have never seen one or heard of one in the NorthEast before.

Rob you got a pic?

Hulk

I'm in PA, lots of officers around here have them....check out front plate and rear bumper.

front.jpg

zstang10.jpg

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Hillie, never heard of one before or seen one before. When I was with the Sheriff dept or now on the Fed Level.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hulk

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
oops, I didn't blur the plate, Oh well, I'm on my second different plate since that one now anyhow.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Sorry to get back to my original post so late. I had an inclination to what they meant, but wondered if the original intention of the emblem was indicate support for law enforcement, which I honestly do.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't ever imply I was a cop, BUT these emblems are popping up even on the cars of relatives of cops and actually I myself have two relatives who are law officers, but I hate to ask them to get me one because they'll know why I want one for.
BTW, this emblem has been carried over to fire and rescue now. Firefighters are black with red stripe and rescue is black with green...at least around these parts.

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Blue represents the comraderie and brotherhood officers share. The Line represents the thin line between good and anarchy. Black is a constant reminder of our fallen brothers and sisters.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Hillie, that is a great meaning. But, we dont have them around these parts. I just checked with a few collegues who still do road work and they have never seen them either. But then again, NJ is a wierd state for everything.

Thanks

hulk

Users who are viewing this thread