Which o2 is what?? Where?? Huh?!?

Raphman

Established Member
Ok, excuse my ignorance, one of my o2 sensors have crapped out on me (woop-dee-doo) and i don't which friggin one it is! I got the P1151 code. I know it's bank 2 sensor 1 but... drivers side?? passenger side?? Wtf?! If i'm facing the throttle body from the driver's side of the car, would it be the oxy closer to the front of the car or the one further away? My gas mileage has gone completely to hell and with gas prices as they are here in MD (freakin $2.30 for premium), i'm trying to get this fixed asap! So, please, help me out here...

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
BAnk 2 = Front bank (closest to the radiator)
1 = Upstream, in front of the precat

Raphman

Established Member
Well... holy crap. So check it, I go to advanced auto parts to buy a new o2 sensor and they're sold out... and i'm broke too. So then i head home and try a little something. I take out the oxy, clean the tip of it (that screws in) with some TB cleaner and clean the wiring harness connectors with some rubbing alcohol. I turn the car on, drive it around for about 8 miles or so... and the check engine light turns off!! and has been that way for about 2 days now... and my mileage is back to normal!! Interesting...
Any thoughts??

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Its possible to clean them.

So you didn't reset the battery?

If you did, it usually takes about two driving cycles (or about 50 miles) for the light to come back on.

let us know how things turn out.

Raphman

Established Member
Nope, didn't reset battery... it just went away alone. Oh, another thing too... i noticed that before i had done this, the light would go away whenever i refueled at chevron (premium, of course). We'll see how it goes...

Raphman

Established Member
It was too good to be true... yesterday the damn light came back on and i took it back to auto zone to check if was the same code, and of course it was. I went ahead and bought the bosch universal one, did all the wire stripping business and all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread