Worst Accident....

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
A box truck crashed through a construction zone today, killing 5 of the contruction workers. The worst accident I've ever seen or probably ever will see.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Hilie,

I bet there was nothing ****ing wrong with his brakes... I am really against certain old people driving.... Man what a tradgedy!! A construction worker was killed here last week same type of thing.................. People need to learn to drive their damn cars. Ok sorry bout the venting

-Zach

Phillie16

Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome

Hilie,

I bet there was nothing ****ing wrong with his brakes... I am really against certain old people driving.... Man what a tradgedy!! A construction worker was killed here last week same type of thing.................. People need to learn to drive their damn cars. Ok sorry bout the venting

-Zach

I hear that, I'm against some old people driving too! I was in a serious accident a couple of months ago, all because of an older guy that came all the way into my lane and struck my head on and he still won't even admit to it, says it was my fault. But even with the evidence and witnesses it was impossible for it to be my fault, but he won't admit to it! If I coulda made it to his car after he hit me I woulda done something I would regret probly!! I can't say for sure if the guy driving this truck is telling the truth or not, but either way, a truck of that size should have a maitnence check each time its taken on roads and that shoulda never happened in my opinion. Sad story.......:sad

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by Phillie16

I hear that, I'm against some old people driving too! I was in a serious accident a couple of months ago, all because of an older guy that came all the way into my lane and struck my head on and he still won't even admit to it, says it was my fault. But even with the evidence and witnesses it was impossible for it to be my fault, but he won't admit to it! If I coulda made it to his car after he hit me I woulda done something I would regret probly!! I can't say for sure if the guy driving this truck is telling the truth or not, but either way, a truck of that size should have a maitnence check each time its taken on roads and that shoulda never happened in my opinion. Sad story.......:sad

Egads guess you are counting your lucky stars it could have been a lot worse!!

-Zach

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Wow bad wreck dude...... heres my ltest one......

ba40827.jpg

Phillie16

Established Member
Sweet Jesus!! Thats nuts!! Ah I see your problem, you were running on firestones now weren't ya?!?:shocked:

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Originally posted by 1998WS6FBTA
thats a bad wreck!

JEEBUS you ain't kiddin!! It happened in my jurisdiction too. I'm lucky I wasn't workin. If I had seen the van before I saw Phil I would have thought it was a fatal accident. As it was, someone there mad Phil lay down on the grass next to the road before any officers arrived, my one partner said when he pulled up he recognized the van (knew I drove it sometimes) and saw Phil laying on the side of the road. He said he thought it was me at first and that I was critically injured and he started to panic. Then he realized it was Phil and that his injuries weren't as serious as he thought (when Phil was grumbling about the old fart that hit him LOL).

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I know it is a pain in the ass and they say it cost too much money, but we need to retest vision and hearing of drivers at least every ten years until age 65.

at age 65 a completely new road test should be taken to renew their license, and visual and hearing testing every five years.

My father died in May at 62 years old. He was on so much pain medication that he was hallucinating. there was no way he should drive, although he thought he could.

First I took away the keys, he had another set then I had to disable the car. If it can't start, he couldn't drive it and kill someone that is innocent.

It was terrible for both him and I, but it was the right thing to do.

I have seen too many times after a fatal accident that a family member of the old person that caused the accident (and usually walked away unharmed) said I knew he shouldn't be driving, but he didn't care if he got hurt. I always said back, well what about the family of the people he killed. think about them!!!
Adam:sad

Phillie16

Established Member
Originally posted by hillie16

JEEBUS you ain't kiddin!! It happened in my jurisdiction too. I'm lucky I wasn't workin. If I had seen the van before I saw Phil I would have thought it was a fatal accident. As it was, someone there mad Phil lay down on the grass next to the road before any officers arrived, my one partner said when he pulled up he recognized the van (knew I drove it sometimes) and saw Phil laying on the side of the road. He said he thought it was me at first and that I was critically injured and he started to panic. Then he realized it was Phil and that his injuries weren't as serious as he thought (when Phil was grumbling about the old fart that hit him LOL).
The old fart driving the car was lucky someone did make me stop and lay down! And get this, the guy that hit me, was not only an old guy, but he was a preacher as well. Then he was trying to lie to the cops about it, and it was on a sunday. I wanted to get up and knock him out when I heard him tellin his version of it. I started flippin out! After yelling some profanities, I told the guy to shut up and the cops to ask the witnesses. As soon as the wreck happened I jumped out the door and stopped everybody for witnesses. I was not in a very good mood obviously. I was so mad when the preacher started to lie, plus it was on a sunday!!

Originally posted byFordSVTFan

I know it is a pain in the ass and they say it cost too much money, but we need to retest vision and hearing of drivers at least every ten years until age 65.

at age 65 a completely new road test should be taken to renew their license, and visual and hearing testing every five years.

I couldn't agree with you more man!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread