Got the car tuned today

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
I finally scrounged up some "extra" money so I could do something to my car. (I haven't done anything but maintenance in about a year.) I decided a tune would be my best bet since gears and long tubes both have downsides and there's nothing else I really wanted to do. I just wanted to get a tune so I could know with confidence that the car was running optimally for now. I also wanted a "bad" tune for when I go back and forth to school, since I can't always find 93. Jeremy came through in a big way. The car made the same power today (100+ degrees in the shop) that it did this winter, and came up 12 lb/ft of torque. Not to mention the power coming on sooner, smoother. The car is silky smooth now where it used to stutter like it had a cam with the A/C on and sometimes at tip-in. The graph also smoothed out quite a bit from the old one.

Old Numbers: 270.3/263.9
New Numbers: 269.7/276.3

Mods: K&N, pullies, alumunum D/S, catted Bassani X, Magnapacks.
Car: stock 97 Cobra that turns 9 on Sunday with 68,300 miles on it.

Graph:
n16700211_31326433_7537.jpg

Last edited:

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
JKD said:
Go back to HPP and make sure all your wires were plugged in. :thumbsup:
:nono:
2 minutes later and I'm already getting made fun of.
Cocky FI fockers :rolleyes:.

:p

JKD

Banned
It's all in fun bro. Besides, I gotta pick on someone I know I can beat because look who else I talk a lil smack to - JC and STROKD. Two guys who could drag me on their worst days! (but it's still fun to get them a lil riled up. :-D )

Pushrod cars RULE! :thumbsup:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
good lookin' chart trey! now go back to work and get some more "extra" money for a bottle!

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
JKD said:
It's all in fun bro. Besides, I gotta pick on someone I know I can beat because look who else I talk a lil smack to - JC and STROKD. Two guys who could drag me on their worst days! (but it's still fun to get them a lil riled up. :-D )

Pushrod cars RULE! :thumbsup:
I could take my blower off and probably beat you... :uh oh:

J/k man, but seriously my car runs mid 11s on motor, on 87 and 17s... :lol1:

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
JKD: Bwahaha, you're a Bully!!! Go pick on someone closer to your size (psi maybe????)
LTHL VNM: No bottle for me, I'm saving up for some boooooooooooooooooooooooooost.
Paul's_03SVT: Thanks!

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
SVT Lurch said:
JKD: Bwahaha, you're a Bully!!! Go pick on someone closer to your size (psi maybe????)
LTHL VNM: No bottle for me, I'm saving up for some boooooooooooooooooooooooooost.
Paul's_03SVT: Thanks!
Buy JCs setup off his red car... that'd be good enough! :beer:

JKD

Banned
STROKD said:
I could take my blower off and probably beat you... :uh oh:

J/k man, but seriously my car runs mid 11s on motor, on 87 and 17s... :lol1:

I hope you are talkin about STROKD and not the 04. I don't doubt at all STROKD could be me N/A, it should with a 408 to my 302. I've always said your car is badass and exactly what I want to build just in a Cobra body. :rockon:

Lurch - Boost > Nitrous. :beer:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
JKD said:
I hope you are talkin about STROKD and not the 04. I don't doubt at all STROKD could be me N/A, it should with a 408 to my 302. I've always said your car is badass and exactly what I want to build just in a Cobra body. :rockon:

Lurch - Boost > Nitrous. :beer:
I'm just ribbin ya a little... its all in fun...

When we going to race Cobras? You dont want to race my GT, so I wanna see how fast your car really is... :poke:

JKD

Banned
STROKD said:
I'm just ribbin ya a little... its all in fun...

When we going to race Cobras? You dont want to race my GT, so I wanna see how fast your car really is... :poke:

It's not. It's a turd still, but fun to drive. I figured out that floormats don't belong in a FOX body and prohibits WOT in a serious way. :lol1:

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
Nice numbers for what you have done to your car already, Im sure you have something on the backburner ready to slap on, lol. I will be slower than all of you by next week.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
JKD said:
It's not. It's a turd still, but fun to drive. I figured out that floormats don't belong in a FOX body and prohibits WOT in a serious way. :lol1:
Get Ford mats, they have a cut out around the gas pedal... :nonono:

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
foofinator said:
Where have ya been at the meets Trey?
Two weeks ago I was at Ennis. Last Friday I was in a REALLY bad mood and didn't think driving would've been a good idea. This Friday I'll be out of town at a family reunion. But next Friday I'm in for sure, because after that I'll be back at school.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
In a bad mood bro? Do you need a possee to go kick someone's ass? Hell JKD is a one man ninja army.

Users who are viewing this thread